5.09.2010

Finch Family Happenings...


Mr. Conner and I are off this Thursday. We are all anxious to get the news of whether or not he will need a trach. Last week I took Conner in to be seen by our Primary Care Doc. His Oxygen levels had been lower than normal. The doctor said he was a little wheezy in the lungs and so we were instructed to start breathing treatments again. I brought up the fact that Lasix, a diaretic seemed to work awhile back so he called the Cardiologist. She said that baby's with heart problems tend to have leaky tissue around their lungs and so trying the lasix made sense. Within a couple of days his Sats. were at 99!! I could hardly believe my eyes! I went to take a picture but he must have been excited too because he would not hold his little foot still so the reading was off. :) Conner has only been 99ish right after his full repair surgery, which only lasted a couple days. The Docs are curious to find out how different the 4 channel study will be, starting at a higher baseline. I am just glad to know he must feel better without all the fluid on his lungs. They said it could be due to how his circulatory system works too. Probably a little of both. Either way it obviously helps! By the afternoon he was yucky with a cold so we still had to put him on oxygen but he is on the up and should probably be off again in the next couple of days. I am ready to see some more of those 99"s!! Woo Hoo!

Whitley was able to play her trumpet with the school band for a parade on Saturday. They practiced and practiced their marching. It was fun to watch...Greenacres was awesome! Bands from all over came to compete for a spot in the Lilac Day Parade. We should find out this week if Greenacres made it in or not. The last couple years they have come in second place. Her band teacher Mr. Fosberg is so talented and you can tell how much he loves what he does. His attitude definitely rubs off on the kids. I am glad she has enjoyed band so much this year.



Can you guess which one is Whitley???
I came up stairs the other day to this scene....I love to watch my kids enjoy their reading.


Go Tanner Go! He is so fast he is a blur! Tanner decided he was ready to ride...he has been pushing himself around the last month or so and we just figured he liked to pretend it was a motorcycle. Andy found his chain was not working. He may have been ready a few months ago...oh well! :) He is having a great time. I love the size of his bike (thank you neighbor:) it is the perfect size.


Mason had a Mother's Day Laua at his school on Friday. They have been studying the ocean and sang cute little songs and then told something nice about there Mom's. Mason said something like, he likes when I take him to McDonalds. I haven't taken him in probably a year. I think it was a hint or something.:) The teachers took a picture of him and I together and than at the end they gave it to us in a frame the kids had made. It was nice to have some special time with my sweet Mason.

8 comments:

The Houston Family said...

99! That is worthy of a party!

Amy said...

YAY on 99! We are just gonna miss you....if by 'off' you mean to Palo Alto! We are headed over Wednesday and come back Thursday, hopefully by 1 pm. Just a quick check up. We are down to every 6 month. Have a safe trip....hope all goes well!

*Katie May* said...

What a great post! Mason sounds like Gaige about his mom comment. Glads Whitley is enjoying band. I loved it :) Looks like we need to get on the ball with Landon and his bike ;)Hope all goes well is Cali and he and you feel better.

Heitmann Family said...

I am gonna miss seeing you and Conner on Thursday!! I hope all goes well for you guys down there. And yeah for the 99 stat, that must have felt good!! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. you are amazing and I am so glad you are a part of our family!! You rock Sariah!!!

Meagan said...

So happy Conner is doing better! So impressed Tanner is not using training wheels. I'll have to see if I can convince Brooklyn to take hers off. Our vacation is getting so close...I'm very excited to see you guys!

Connie said...

Looks like Tanner has some competition to see who rides without training wheels! Good to see some pics. I need to see a better one of Porter and Whitley and YOU

Aleia said...

so fun to read your update!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

:)Connor!!! I love reading your posts, you are such a wonderful mom and friend! And Tanner rocks on that little bike ;)