We just got back from our vacation to see all the church sites between here and Nauvoo Illinois. We had a great time! It is nice to be back in our own bed after 2 weeks of camping, but was sooo worth it! I thought I would write a little over the next few day and post pictures of the places we visited, so here goes...
On the way our first stop was Mount Rushmore in South Dakota. It was a grand site! Thats sounds cheesy but it's true. It was awesome to look up and see a Mountain whose side had been carved the faces of some of the most influential Presidents of our country.

On our way to the monument we rounded the corner and this was the first thing we saw through the trees, pretty neat!


On the way we saw a mountain goat with her cute little baby. The baby looked just like a stuffed animal.
6 comments:
I'd love to go there sometime
How fun! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
I am glad that you made a memory! I am proud to be an American and greatful for those who have gone before us to lay a strong foundation for our country.
Awesome pictures! I am excited to here more about your trip and see photos!
Isnt Mount Rushmore one of the seven wonders of the world? I have always wanted to go there.You are so lucky!
WOW! I didn't know you guys were going back east. How fun it must have been. I have always wanted to go and was so jealous when my parents and sisters went. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Post a Comment