We have been going back and forth on whether or not to deliver at Stanford or just go there for the open heart surgeries. The docs that we had talked with said that more than likely if he needed a surgery when he was born it would be a shunt which is not open heart and is quite routine. The shunt would help the artery to grow and would allow him time to grow also before they were to go in and perform the other more extensive surgeries after a few months. We still didn't feel all that great about it and thought that talking with Dr. Hanley (the doc at Stanford) would help. We talked with him on Wednesday of last week and he said that they do not place shunts because they worry about them failing when the patients are at home and then it would be a critical situation. They do feel comfortable performing an open heart surgery on him as a newborn rather than placing the shunt. When he said this we knew right away this was where we wanted to go. We feel like whether he can have a surgery right away or not they are willing and able to do what is best for the baby from the beginning. So.... that means I am leaving here in a month to head down. They want me there at 36 weeks so they don't have to worry about me going into labor early and the airlines wont let me fly after 36 weeks anyway. This means I will be hanging out for a couple weeks before the baby is born. I will have appointments the first couple of days and then will try to stay busy with a few good books(any suggestions??),volunteering at the hospital, go see San francisco. It will be a little weird but I figure it will go by fast.
Thanks to our wonderful family and friends we are going to be able to make this happen. We appreciate everyone's help and prayers and feel truly blessed. Heavenly Father is leading the way...what better hope can we have!
13 comments:
I'm glad you feel good about your decision. Is the hospital actually in San Fransico? All of you are always in our prayers. We love you bunches!!!
I am glad things are going good. The wait will go fast I'm sure :) Love Ya!
I wish we could fly over and hang out for a few days! I did read some good books lately. It's a series called the Great and Terrible. It follows a fictional family through the premortal existence and on through earth life. Of course they come during the last days when things are crazy. Anyway...there are 5 small (1 inch thick) books out. If you could find someone to borrow them from I'm sure you would love them!
You're on the Oklahoma City temple prayer roll, and in our prayers! We know God's hand is over you.
Lani
Don't weird the Twilight series. There is this really weird scene where the baby chews its way from its mother's womb, and it is SUPER WEIRD.
Keep on truckin'! We are all rooting for you.
Good luck, I hope the time before goes fast. we are thinking of you and you are in our prayers. Enjoy San Fransisco!
I just might come visit you there. I am dying to see the place. I am glad that you are feeling confident, that must help a little. We are still praying for you guys. Hang in there. Love you!
You have to promise me that you will do one thing if you do nothing else at all you have to do one thing that is go get a bread bowl full of clam chowder sit on a pier overlooking the ocean and chow down eat the whole thing even all the sourdough bread and enjoy every bite it will be delicious I promise to this day it is still one of my most favorite memories of San Fransico. If you were a drinking gal I would tell you about this awesome pub :)
That was from me sorry it would not let me sign my name
LEAH
My thoughts and prayers are with you Sariah. Always remember that Heavenly Father has you in the palm of His hand. Hopefully the time will fly right by and you'll be snuggling your new little boy soon!
Hey there sweetie...so good to know that you will receive the best of care and your burden is a little lighter. I am thinking of you and your little family.
It sounds like you and your baby will be in good hands. I hope that everything goes well! Love ya!
Stay strong, glad to hear better news. Love and prayers sent your way.
Post a Comment