5.21.2009

Leaving next Thursday and need a good book...

Hi everybody! Do any of you have a suggestion for a great book? I am needing a distraction during surgery. Preferably something that will keep my attention for 12-14 hours!!!!

Thanks!

Sariah

P.S. I have already have read Twilight... :)

12 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

I have heard from people that "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult si suppose to be good. I would really like a good book too!!

Eileen said...

Have you read Traitor or Tribunal by Sandra Grey? That is her pen name. She actually grew up or maybe still lives in St. Johns. I really enjoyed them. It is in the WWII setting.

Eileen said...

Best of wishes in California. Our prayers are with you all. Love you.

The Kimble's said...

Just started "Handle with care" bu Jodi Picoult and it is good, maybe not for surgery day! WIll be praying for you!

*junkrestore* said...

The Time Traveler's Wife. Absolutely my all time favorite. Water for Elephants is good too. Anything by Elizabeth Berg, especially Range of Motion. Time After Time, by Sue Haasler is kind of a fun read, but British.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...what kind of books do you like???

Ok, I just read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and really liked it.

If you want funny "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella is easy and funny. Takes your mind off of things!

If you like magic "The Alchemyst" by Michael Scott is really good.

"The Persian Pickle Club" by Sandra Dallas is also a really cute story.

Whew! I hope I helped! Best Wishes for you and your little man. You'll be in our prayers!

Amy said...

I am sad we won't be over there when you are! My prayers will be with you and your family, though! I hope they don't cancel! Good books? One of my top 5 favorites is "Follow the River" by James Alexander Thom. I can mail it to you, if you'd like to borrow it. Biographical novel so it's based on a true story. Women in White by Wilkie Collins (can also mail). The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck (can mail) and finally Mistaken Identity by Don Van Ryn. that is the true story of the 2 girls that were in an auto accident and one died. Their identities were switched and it wasn't found out until about 6 weeks later. So those are some of my FAVS! But let me know! I can drop some in the mail for you (except the last one....I borrowed that one!) Good luck, Sariah!

Bailey said...

You have all been (including the Docotr's) and will continue to be in my prayers. We love you and can't wait to see Conner. Give him some kisses and hugs from his Great Auntie!!!

The Houston Family said...

Anything by Joanne Fluke. Mindless enought that if you don't know what you read for a few chapters it will be ok. I don't know how you can read during surgery! I paced the halls. UGH! You will be in our prayers. Gone With the Wind is always a good one while you are at it!

Laurie said...

I'm reading THE best book right now, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...it's called The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I'm not done yet but I loved it from the first page.

Or - These Is My Words - my all time favorite book. Don't be put off by the title - it's the best love story ever!

Good luck! I'll be praying for you to have peace as you get through this. Just remember Heavenly Father is in control, He knows what's going on. Stay positive girl!

The Grandy's said...

Don't listen to Tara, she has weird taste in books. Stephanie Meyers recommended a series called uglies. It was pretty interesting. Did you read the Host?

*junkrestore* said...

Hey, i do not! but on second thought, The Time Traveler's Wife is a bit "colorful" at times, so maybe not so much.

Nikki smells.