1.28.2007

Well I received a calling today. Andy is executive secretary and knew what it was a week ago. When he told me that one was coming my way I as any wife would do tried to get him to spill the beans, he wouldn't. The first thing I said was, "did I get called to teach in Relief Society?"..... Sure enough, the calling I've always dreaded has arrived. I knew it was coming. Public speaking has never been one of my strengths, I tend to get quite nervous. I know Heavenly Father wants me to grow so I'll give it my best, in the process I will learn alot so it will be good for me.

Valentines is coming up! What is everybody doing? Our ward has an adult dinner the week before, and the stake is putting on a dance the Saturday after. Andy and I like to dance so it should be alot of fun. For valentines I ordered an instructional dance video that will teach Andy and I some fun dances. We'll move the couches out of the way and kick it up! It's actually going to be quite funny, one of them is the cha cha ! It's sounds pretty corny but I know we'll have a ball!

I ordered an eliptical machine last week. I'm excited, we're going to put it in our bonus room where the T.V. is. When I'm watching American Idol I can work out. I think it will be alot easier for me to excercise because I will have it right in front of me every time I walk in the room. I am excited, I haven't done much excercising since Tanner was born. I always love the way I feel when I do!

Have a good week!!

8 comments:

*Katie May* said...

On your calling good luck!!!!! If I can do it you can too and I am a worse public speaker than you :) That would be fun to learn dances but I am coordinated enough. Also good luck with exercising! I wish I had room for somethiing like that and watch TV at the same time.

Heather said...

That is my dreaded calling as well(I haven't received it YET)...BUT I think you will do a WONDERFUL job. If you ever need help with your lessons just post about it and maybe we could all share experiences of some sort. We will all be glad to help you in any way.
Love Ya!

Unknown said...

You'll do great! I was terrified when I was called to teach in young women's, but the Lord helped me overcome my fear-& gain a little bit of confidence :)- & I know he'll do the same for you.

Shannon said...

You'll do great in your new calling. I had to teach once in relief society and boy oh boy was I nervous. But once you start talking, the nerves calm down a little bit.

Shannon said...

You'll do great in your new calling. I had to teach once in relief society and boy oh boy was I nervous. But once you start talking, the nerves calm down a little bit.

Josh n' Meagan said...

I think I would take your calling over mine. The women will interact and help make the lesson go easier...hopefully! I like that dance video idea. I might make Josh do that with me!

Lydia said...

You'll do fine in your new calling. I know it is scaring teaching the adults but I think most of us all feel the same way. I would have to teach on fast Sunday when I was R.S. Pres. I was scared to death..I got to take turns with the counselors though. Good luck! You have such a sweet spirit and the Sisters will feel it as you teach. Love Ya!!!

Rogers said...

Hey there sis! Is there any way that I can order copies of those pics of your kids & your family? I need some for my "family wall"! Congrats on the calling. I think that is the one I have dreaded as well, but I think you'll do great. My sis is relief society pres with a bunch of older women in her ward! Nerve racking forsure!!! Love ya!