I have many great memories of Christmas from when I was a child, everyone waiting in a line down the hallway waiting for the "camera man" to say...O.K. you can come out now! Listening to the Statler Brothers Christmas cassette(yes I am 30) while we opened presents. Then when we were all done calling my friends to see what they got for Christmas. I love and miss spending Christmas with my family and would love to walk down memory lane with the ghost of Christmas past. Great memories, thanks Mom and Dad !
Andy and I are now making memories with our little ones that so far have been pretty fun! We like to choose a family to buy presents for and then we leave them at their door with a knock and RUUUUUN!!! We seem to have had pretty eventful drops so far. Last year when we did it I was the "get away" car and so I was parked a little ways down the street, lights off waiting for their silhouettes to appear. Next thing I hear little giggles and here they come, pitter patter pitter patter down the street. For whatever reason Andy decides to have everyone hop over the driver(me) to get to their seats(He did have 3 other doors to choose from, sometimes he gets a little excited :) ) Anyway on their way over me and the steering wheel one of them accidentally hits the hazard button with his foot. Last but not least Andy jumps on top of me and away we go, ever so slowly blinking down the street! Hmmmm....I wonder if they noticed us?? LoL!! This year, actually just last night we created(accidentally) another funny memory for everyone except poor little Preston. I again was the "get away" car and was waiting patiently with my accomplice Tanner. They made the drop and down the street they run and hopped in using the passenger door...thanks babe! Everyone in, we head down the street and I look back and say,"oh look I see somebody!" That somebody sure looked small, (beings that the family consisted of a Mom, a Dad and their baby.)and that someone was running real secret like. I thought hmmm..."Do we have everybody??? Uh oh, where is Preston!? You know what happened next(thank goodness we were only a 100 feet or so down the road!) Anyway we had to stop our chuckling when Preston got in the car, he didn't think it was quite so funny! :) We asked what happened,he thought they were supposed to run to the side of the house and wait. Hence he got left...too funny! Anyway there you go...Christmas memories some old some new!
11 comments:
Ha Ha Ha that's great!!
Poor Preston- sounds like he was a good sport even though he was left!!! Good idea!!
What fun memories you are making!!! 'm watching some old movies from like 1977!!!! You are in it and James and your parents and Eileen's family! So fun! What memories...we're singing "Two Little Love Birds" to my mom and dad! Now everyone is dancing!
My mom left me at the post office in Round Valley once. It was truly traumatizing. I cried and went running down the middle of the road in tears.
Ha ha, that's too funny. Hopefully he'll think it's funny soon, so he can laugh along with everyone else!
Oh and I remember Colton running down main street after the car. It wasn't then, but it's hilarious now. Just a side note, we were told NOT to get out of the car, so when she returned she didn't even count heads!
One of the greatest gifts that we have is "memories" Sound like your
family are making lots of good ones, well, except maybe leaving Preston behind. he he
Fun Memories! Love the Nativity pictures! Happy Holidays!
What fun memories! Byron and I need to start some of our own traditions.
Hey, thanks for your Christmas card with the kids picture on it. They are so cute!
Hey Happy Anniversary yesterday!! 11 wonderful years huh?!!
Post a Comment