3.16.2008

Time Out for Women

I went to Time out for Women this last weekend with Andy's family. They offered a Life Seminar on Friday with Sheri Dew, Virginia Hinckley Pearce, Wendy Watson Nelson, and Wayne Boss. The Life Seminars are meant to be a little more personal with the group of 500, I know that still seems like a lot but really when you compare it to Women's Conference it was small! The seminar was on Life,Learning and Leadership. The theme of the Time out for Women was finding joy in life. Sister Okazaki, Jane Clayson(the one that was on The Early Show on CBSfor 10 yrs.) Mary Ellen Edmands, I can't think of the others off the top of my head but they all have books I am sure you have heard of. They spoke on service, listening to the spirit, relationships, finding joy, being a peace maker. We had Hillary Weeks and Mercy River there throughout the whole day performing and the night before Michael Mcclean performed! I would have to say I never really was that crazy about him until I went to this concert he had everyone cracking up the whole time! I loved him! One minute every one was cracking up and the next crying, he has a true gift at connecting with women. Anyway I would have to say that this event was just as good as Women's Conference without paying for a plane ticket, I had the whole weekend to myself to recharge and it was truly wonderful I plan on taking a few things and working on them the next little while. II think what I came away with the most is just a reminder of my role as Mother and just being a Woman. We have so much influence as women on our children, and every one around us. I am taking a look at how I am doing and what I need to do to better myself so that I can have true joy and help my little ones to do the same. I have alot of reflecting to do... :)

p.s. Time out for Couples is coming to Phoenix November 7th. I heard it was wonderful! This is on an Friday night for 3 hours and the cost is 40.00 per couple. Last November Michael Mclean and his wife did it. Would that not be so awesome!! Andy and I are planning on going to the one in Boise Idaho this September. We will make it a weekend get away!

8 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

I am jealous!! My friend here and her husband went to a time out for couples and loved it. I am glad you guys had such a great time.

*Katie May* said...

Glad you had a great time! Couples thing would be fun

Colton said...

Sounds like a chickfest. I hope Andy got to eat some raw meat and carve something with a big knife while you were gone.

the michael family said...

Glad you could go! Ill be signing up for Time Out For Couples!

Shannon said...

When I worked at Deseret Book, I had the chance more than once to go to Time Out for Women. I always loved listening to the speakers.

Anonymous said...

I think that is so neat. I want to attend a Time Out...something always gets in the way, but I am going to go. Oh....about the bathroom. Christine's husband is a plumber so he got our for cost. It is a higher end one which would be about $450.00 but we got it for $198.00. There are a bunch out there rainging from $130.00 to $1000.00, just look online like under Delta.com or Kohler.com.....anyone who manufactures plubming/bathroom supplies!

I hope that helps! :-)

Dawn said...

oh, phx? where do I get info?

Lydia said...

I went to it in Phoenix with Aleia. It was great. Michael McLean was at ours too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Are you having fun with your mom and dad there? I had fun with Heather and her family!