Conner and Sariah finally made it home late Thursday night! It is great to have the family back together. We have been adjusting to Conner in the home. It is always a little crazy the first few days as we figure out how to care for him in his own way. So far, our biggest challenge is getting him to eat without projectile vomit. Otherwise, he is doing great.
You may notice a little red in his hair. It looks like he might share Tanner's auburn hair color. We love it.
We have been blessed so much with Conner's good health and relatively quick recovery. We scheduled a follow up heart cathater and surgery for April. It will be a much more complex operation(s). The important thing right now is for Conner to grow. This helps the surgery(s) to come. We also need to keep him from getting sick. That should be a good challenge with our socially active family.
So what do you do when life brings you a several weeks of severe winter storms? You play in the snow. The kids made a snow man...

...on the roof! As you might imagine, Sariah was still in CA. I was boss for the week and things got a little fun (I mean out of control). Kids were jumping off into 3' of snow from 12 feet and loving it (I mean endangering would-be generations of Finch kids).

Whitely turned into a polar bear.

We made a very spacious fort in the back yard. It is 154 sq. feet home with the main entrance on the southern exposure. Room for a dad and 5 kids. We wanted indoor plumbing, but with warmer weather expected this next week, we decided to save the pipe.

I honestly love the snow and the beauties it brings - but remember, you don't get snow without the storm. Opposition in all things...

20 comments:
Conner looks good. You all look like you had a good time in the snow. Crazy whit freezing to death out there! BRRRR
So glad you are home now! Lots of kids with digeorge have reflux, our daughter included. We found we had to slow her feeds way down! She finally out grew it at about 3 years old. Enjoy having him at home!
Yay! He's home! So good to see you all under one roof again! good luck with the weight gain and projectile vomit ;) Happy New year!
Conner looks great! Whitley, are you crazy or what???? That had to be freezing!! It was so good to talk to you today Sariah. I love you and your sweet family. You will always be in my prayers!
Hey, I wish we still had snow too. I love it. We just have mud. I am glad that everyone is home. Airica's boys' all had reflux, Tivi might have it as well?? She was able to get a script for it . that might help with the weight issue, Just an idea.
Glad you all are home. Hope all goes well and the reflux can be figured out
I love the snowman on the roof! What a hoot! Sooooo glad Conner is home and I love to see him clothes instead of wires. What a sweet litle man. Hope you can slow down his feeding. Wyatt was like that at first, if he got a drop over full he would unload the whole meal. Have fun with that one!! Love you guys and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!
Glad to hear you are all home. Good to have everyone back home I am sure. Connor is such a cutie and hope he continues to grow and be a healthy happy little boy. I can't believe Whitley is out in the snow in her bathing suit. Is she nuts or what?
I'm so happy for you and that you're home!!! Congratulations :)
I'm sure you're loving it. If you need anything, please call or email me...I've been there!
Take care!
Katie
Conner is such a cutie, I'm glad he is doing well!
He looks so good! His hair looks really red in that picture. So cute. Love the snowmen on the roof. I'm glad you all made it down alive!
Sariah & Andy,
We have been following your blog from the east coast and praying for all of you. Conner is adorable and we are so glad that you have him home now. It is so good to see him in clothes and not hooked up to all those machines. We'll keep you in our prayers and look forward to seeing many more pictures!
Love, Heidi & Colin
Well, he looks like he's been eating well...
I love the snow! I wish beyond words that I was up there right now. I love the storms! They are my favorite! I've always wanted the snow to get so deep that I could tunnel around in it like a lemming.
Oh yeah, it was great seeing Conner with clothes on.
Love the snowman - too funny! What a handsome little guy Conner is! Stay warm and take care!
We're so glad Conner is home with the whole family together. What a cutie boy!!! The snow looks amazing and I am sure the kids had good times they will never forget! (while dad was in charge...) Eli also was a projectile vomit guy, until a Naturopath doc adjusted him. He quit after that. I'll send an email about that...love you guys!
Whitley is seriously nuts hot-tubing it in the snow! Conner is such a cutie! I am glad that he's doing well. Hope that he stays that way!
Kelsey =)
So glad that everyone is home together! Conner looks really good and very cute! Hope things go better with feeding time!
Sariah, I just found out my nephew Gary, wife's, 13 year old brother has deGeorge Syndrome. He has had several surgeries and is doing really good. I think I saw him about 2 years ago but I didn't know about any of his health issues. Anyway, if you ever want to talk to her mom I could probably find out her number or email address. Love ya!
Conner looks great. So glad all of you are home together. Looks like Andy and the kids had fun in the snow.
Post a Comment