7.18.2010

Glacier National Park

On our way home we really enjoyed our day trip to West Glacier....so BEAUTIFUL!!

We had a great time at the park! We saw a bear, hit a bear, mountain goats, deer and big horn sheep. Yes I did say HIT A BEAR!! We were driving along enjoying the beautiful scenery and out runs a medium sized black bear. Thank Goodness we were in our "big ol' bus" and didn't hit it straight on. We hit the bear on the passenger side. No damage was done to our van, but sadly it probably was hurt pretty bad. My friend had told me there were alot of bears at Glacier...I just hadn't planned on hitting one! :(

While we were there we went on a few hikes. I made sure we made plenty of noise to scare away any bears...Andy was so glad he had me around to keep them safe. :) This is us hiking to St. Mary's Falls. I was amazed at the turquoise water that ran throughout the park. They say it is tiny particles of glacier rock that makes it that color. Beautiful!
So Sweet!




We drove the "Road to the Sun" it had spectacular views! It was built in the 1940's, what a work they had to do with practically there own bare hands!





3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Wow how pretty!!! Love all the pics. Love the one of you and Whit she is making a normal face :)

Amy said...

I now want to go to Glacier! HOW GORGEOUS!!!!

Christina H. Maughan said...

Looks like you had an awesome summer vacation.