Here is Carthage jail. Better late than never egh!? :) Busy summer...Carthage was a neat experience. The first picture was of the actual jail cell. It was the top story and would get to about 115 inside the cell during summer months. There was no light because the walls were 2 feet thick and there was just a little slit for a "window". The jail gaurd realized they were not guilty and let them stay in a different room because of the conditions. The next picture is of the window that Joseph fell out of when he was shot. Next is of the original door. You can still see the bullet holes. It was quite an experience to be there and to try to picture what they went through. They had so much faith and devotion for the church.
3 comments:
What a neat experience! I can only imagine the faith they would have to endure... what an example for us. I'm glad you guys had a nice trip!
What am intresting place and feel I'm sure that place would be
I loved our trip to Nauvoo and Missouri. It was very emotional in Carthage jail.
Post a Comment