10.20.2007

Andy's Hunting Trip



Andy, Aaron,Chip and Uncle Rual went hunting last weekend. It was fun to watch Andy as he was bustling around packing all his neccessities. Trail mix, jerky,apples,pumpkin bread, long johns and his ...SLING SHOT! He didn't want to pay the $800.00 it would take to hunt out of state so he settled for the good ol' beanie flipper! :) I was laughing at him, and flexing he says, "who needs a rifle when I've got the guns right here! " I would have loved to get a picture. I can just imagine him all dressed up in cammo with a beanie flipper. Anyway, he came home and was telling me one of his "hunting" stories. He was walking along and out of no where comes a...game hen! He sneaks up ever so quietly, pulls back his sling and...BAM, he missed! :( He doesn't give up though, he follows it to a tree. With two feet between him and the bird he reaches deep into his pockets and realizes... he is all out of pebbles. ;) Good memories, and some great laughs! Love you babe!

10 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Oh, boys never grow up do they. I think they had fun just being out there even though none of them got anything!!! I love my bro-

Alan & Ty said...

That only mirrors about a hundred stories of when we were young. Is that his original? Wouldn't be complete without the garden hose. I think that he and Aaron were the ones who first built me my original beanie-flipper. Looked just like. You should have been there when the whole hunting party took on a grouse. Beanie-flippers, pellet guns, and chucked rocks. For 20 minutes. Thank you Uncle Raul for saving all our prides.

Connie said...

He has been a good provider so far so you tell him I will not loose faith in him! Go Andy!

Lydia said...

What these guys will do to go hunting.

*Katie May* said...

That's Andy for ya a big DORK!!! HA HA :)

Josh n' Meagan said...

Haha..so funny. I can picture Andy right now telling you the story...voice facial expressions and all.

Shannon said...

That is too funny!

The Grandy's said...

Hey, you can't underestimate a sling shot. I almost killed... well, myself once. But Caleb taught my how to use it with paintballs and he still has welts on his back. Muah Ha Ha.

Cami said...

Your blog is so cute. It was fun to see. Look us up and we can keep in touch. micahcamirogers.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Hey, I browsed Aimee's blog and found you. Thanks for the laugh. That so sounds like something Andy would do. $800 is too steep to not know if you're even going to see something out there! I'm afraid when my boys get their first beanie flipper.