7.05.2009

Conner is making progress!

Conner has moved up to the 3rd floor!! We were all a little skeptical that the Cath would work, even our Doctor's were. We are so glad that it was a success! His color is much better, it is amazing what a little oxygen will do for ya! This means we will probably be taking off the beginning of next week. He is now on room air most of the time and is doing great.






He looks like he had a rhinoplasty. :) The other day I was hearing a funny noise and looked to see where it was coming from. Conner had the cannula in his mouth! I had a good laugh...and then told on him. He was pretty pouty that we had taken away his toy. I couldn't help but laugh,he eventually got over it and as you can see forgave the Respiratory Therapist.
















Holly the nurse in the green transported us up to 3 West. She was so sweet with Conner. Her and many others have made our days go by a little faster.




















This is a picture of Conner snoozing today. He was tuckered out after our walk today around the hospital. We enjoyed getting out. The Doctors are going to call first thing tomorrow morning for another lung profusion scan. They need to be able to compare the flow that he is getting now to each lung to how the flow is next go round. Our friend Marshall is going to try and pull some strings for us so maybe we can get in a little sooner than later and get on the road! :) I went to Dinner with Marshall and his family last night. We went to The Cheesecake Factory, So Delish! I enjoyed hanging out with them and love to be around their girls. They showed me around campus and then I went back to hang with Mr. Conner.
At dark I went up on the roof to watch the fireworks. It was neat to see all the patients up top and especially our friends the Nelson's. Their daughter Moriah has been doing so well and was able to go on her 2nd outing in 8 months! I am so excited for their little family!



7 comments:

The Houston Family said...

Yipee! Glad to hear you are laughing again. You always now things are getting better when you can laugh. Our babies that spend so much time in the hospitals have some of the strangest toys!

Victoria Nelson said...

Oh, Sariah, it is so so great to see Connor doing this well after the cath. Maybe we will all be heading out together next week? I sure hope so! =)
Much love,
the Nelsons

Lydia said...

I'm so glad things are going better. I've been checking your blog every day. Actually several times a day. I bet your excited to go home soon. Yeah!

Colton said...

Yay! The end is in sight!

Meagan Rogers said...

We've been so happy with all the good improvements. We really enjoyed your kids this weekend. I'm so glad they got to come!

Laurie said...

How wonderful! That's great news, it put a smile on my face this morning!

Dawn said...

So good to hear Connor is doing better and so fun to see your other kids this last weekend. I hope to see both you and Andy with little Connor next time. You are such an example to me as a mother, I don't know if I could go through what you are and handle it so well. Hope you will be home soon with everyone as a whole family soon!