7.21.2009

A little of this...and a little of that...

This post has taken me 2 weeks to finish...can ya tell it has been a bit busy lately??? :)


Porter turned 10 on the 14th! He had a good day playing with his new microscope and telescope. He was examining everything from dryer lent to blood(he picked a scab all in the name of science:)



Last Saturday night I asked the kids to set their clothes out for early morning church the next morning. Porter had the idea to make a church dummy out of it. Whitley's had earrings, a necklace and a bow. Preston's had a missionary tag, Elder Lemshneider (don't ask me where the name came from:) Kids can make anything fun can't they. Works for me!










Auntie Aimee and her kids came to stay with us last Sunday on their way home. Conner was going through some stranger anxiety and Aimee couldn't hold him without him crying. We tricked him and she very quietly held him facing out. Hence he didn't realize what a scary situation he truly was in. ;) I just feel bad that she didn't get to eat him like she does all those other babies that she gets her hands on!




Here is Meysa getting to hold him, he was doing better about all the new faces by the time they were ready to leave... isn't that the way it always works. The kids were full of it until about 11 o'clock and then they were conked out. I am glad they have been able to spend so much time together this summer. Their trip to Az. for the Finch reunion was tons of fun. We will get to see them all again in a few weeks for Ayden, Jaci, Andrew and Preston's baptism. I will have to post Arizona pictures soon. They spent time with Grandpa and Grandma Rogers and all of my brother's and Sister's families when they were in Arizona too. Lots of great memories! Thanks Aimee for being their Chauffeur!

















This is how I found my brother Steven's picture on the 17th. Porter had bought some new cars the night before and he said, " Mom I like to buy cars because I know how much Uncle Steven liked them." I thought it was sweet that he would play with them around Steven's picture. At the time he didn't realize it was the day that they had died 4 years earlier. I thought it was fitting that he was thinking of him so much on that day. Maybe he and Kaelsy were checking in on us. :) We will never forget our brothers, Uncles and more importantly our friends....We will miss them forever but are so glad that we will one day be with them again.



















Tanner has discovered the deliciously delectable cherry!



Conner has started solids...and likes them! We went to feeding therapy on Wednesday and the therapist has determined he has reflux. We always thought it was a sub mucous cleft palate or a dysfunctional swallow. He may very well have that too. Anyway she said that the reason he is rejecting the bottle is because he is associating it with pain. When he swallows the acid and milk come back up into his throat. The solids are easier for him to eat because they are thicker and don't come up as easy. We are excited to at least know that we have a solution to work towards. We have started him on the medicine he needs, and have him sleeping propped up etc. In the meantime thank goodness for the NG tube!























I have enjoyed getting out with Conner. We have gone to the park, library, store etc...it has been soooo nice! Today we went to church together for the 3rd time in almost 8 months. This whole time I have been going by myself to the Saltese ward when Andy and the kids would get home. The Finch Family Circus is back in town!! :) Quite a juggling act, but our ward has been so helpful! It feels so good to be home....

11 comments:

Eileen said...

Looks like loads of fun! I'm glad you have been able to get out with Conner. It's hard to believe it has been 4 years. We pass their road sign twice every Sunday so we think of the boys often.

*Katie May* said...

He looks so good Sariah! I can't wait to meet him sometime! Love the church outfit idea :)

Lydia said...

Looks like your family has had some fun. I'm so glad that you have been able to get out with Conner. I'm still praying for you and all of your family. He is such a cutie. I can't wait to meet him someday too!

Lani said...

I'll see you guys Sunday!!!!!

Meagan Rogers said...

Looks like lots of fun. I like the church dummies. Those cars next to Steven are so sweet. It's fun to see kids notice things like that. Brooklyn saw Josh crying and we explained to her about him being sad about his brothers. So he was trying to hold in a laugh the other day and she got all sad and said..."Do you miss Steven and Kaelsy?" She thought he was crying. It was funny and cute that she remembered.

Laurie said...

Conner looks so great Sariah! I wish you could have made it down here this year so we could have gotten together - how fun would that be?!!! Promise me the next time you are down you'll let me know!! Even if it isn't until next summer!

I love the reddish fuzz that Conner has too, I guess he gets it from his Uncle - I'm sure both of your brothers have been very close by during Conner's whole experience. Take care and keep in touch!

The Houston Family said...

Fun, fun, fun! Keep on feeding. Lots of digeorge kiddo's have reflux. Maile's lasted until she was three. Thank goodness your Dr's and therapists listen. Mine just thought I was crazy until I took her to SLC. Simply Think is great to thicken liquids. Way better than thick-it, if you are doing any of that. Good luck! Glad to see you at home with all of the smiles!

Mike and Linda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARIAH, (a few days late) Your boys are so funny, remindes me of Bronson was he was little, actually he still acts like that! All of you are in our prayers. Uncle Mike and I have been Ordinance Workers at the Snowflake Temple since March and I can testifiy that families are eternal and that your brothers are close.

Dawn said...

Looks like alot of fun! And to get to spend so much time with cousins and gramas and grampas. It was good to see your kids at the reunion, they are getting so big!

Matt and Liz said...

Hello, This is Matt Finch, I am best friends with Sariah's younger brother Josh, and a third cousin to Andy. (or something like that, so many finches...)Anyways, I was in opening excercises in priesthood meeting today and the bishop asked everyone who has been in the ward 3 months or less to introduce themselves. So I introduced myself (for like the third time!) and afterwards a guy asked me if I knew Chip Finch. I said yes, he was my dad's first cousin. He went on to explain that he was Chip's mission companion back in 1968 and that he just moved into my ward from Wisconsin. He said he had been looking for your dad for a long time and had tracked him down to Eagar AZ but from there learned he had moved to Idaho, and the trail went cold. (He and I live in Queen Creek AZ) His name is Thomas Olmstead, and I believe they served together in North Carolina, or maybe he said Virginia, but I can't remember for sure!I don't know if it has been since the summer of '68 that they have seen eachother, but Thomas really wanted to get in contact with your dad. Please email me @ mkfinch_10@hotmail.com and I will reply to you with Thomas' phone number, and maybe you can get me your dad's and I will pass it on. I just thought it was really neat that after all this time they can talk again! I am sure you remember Butch Hall from Eagar, he died not too long ago. I was in the temple doing sealings a week ago and a guy in the same session found out where I served and said he served in Bolivia as well, except for back then it was the "Andes Mission" which took in Bolivia, Peru and a couple other countries in the Andes mountains. Well it turns out he served with Butch Hall years and years ago! He was sad to find out Butch had died, and said he woud have liked to been able to say hello before he died, but I think it is great that your dad and Thomas have a chance to get in touch so if you'd like, i'd be glad to give you his info so you can pass it on!

Hua said...

Hello Sariah!

Happy belated birthday for Porter. Sounds like you guys had a great time! Conner looks really happy there:)

I am impressed by your blog. I think you should share your experience with over 6 million monthly visitors who come to Wellsphere's website to seek information on a variety of health related topics. We would like to raise the awareness of Children's Health, and connect you and other people who are in similar situations. Through Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, you can engage with others to lend a helping hand for one another.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks