7.09.2009

Home Sweet Home!!



We made it! Conner was discharged yesterday at 4:00,we were on the plane by 6:00! We were outta there! He slept most of time. The action started when we got down to baggage claim. He started throwing up and kept going until 12:30...poor baby. I think his tummy is just messed up from the drugs. We will be done with the hard core ones in about a week and a half. Yaaa! He took milk an hour ago and so far is keeping it down.

Conner came home with the NG tube, he will only take an ounce or less by mouth and then we put the rest down the tube. Right now he has to eat every 3 hours 'round the clock. Last night was a long one. I have contacted a service to start his physical and Oral therapy. We will get him back to normal before we head out again for surgery #3. He is a little noodle from laying in bed for so long. He is starting to get some of his coordination back though and it has been great to watch him play with his toys. I look at him and am so proud, he has fought the fight and is still smiling, so resilient! Andy and I will go to Lewiston to get the kids tonight...I am soooo ready!

This was Conner's last big Hoorah before we left....






Here is a picture of him in the wagon on the way to his lung profusion scan...I thought it was cute. He fell asleep again. His left lung has about 57% flow and the right has about 38%. Dr Hanley may be able to fix the right lung a little more. There are plenty of people that are able to live off of one lung and so we are just glad he has the function that he does have.
He looks like a little clown with his party hat on. They didn't want to stick him more than once so they put it in his scalp. They say it looks much worse than it feels. I sure hope so!
Mr. Conner is ready for some lovin'. No more pickin' and pokin'...just some kissin' and some huggin'! Yippee!! The next few months will be great!
We know we could not have done this without Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ...the faith and prayers on our behalf have been so appreciated! We have been so thankful for all the service and support that we have received through friends, family and the inspired Doctor's and nurses!

11 comments:

Amy said...

YEAH! I am so glad you will be back with your family! Congrats! How long does he have the NG tube?

*Katie May* said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! I am excited for you to see your kiddos!

Kindy said...

Hooray! I'm so glad that you're home! Enjoy your snuggles!

Lydia said...

I'm so excited you two got to come home! Give him a lot of hugs and kisses! From me too! Love you!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Welcome Home Sariah and Connor!!!
Hope to see you both soon, and will be so happy to see your kiddos as well...It's been quiet around here without them-Dany has been waiting to see her buddies and Kylie will be home tomorrow afternoon.
Loves and hugs from us!

Heather said...

YAY! I am sure it feels so good to be home! I am sure all your kiddos are pretty happy too! You've had such a great attitude through all of this. You are such a great example to many!

Love you,
Heather

Christina Lyon Maughan said...

Glad that he is doing well and that you are back home.

Lara Zarecor said...

I'm so glad you and Conner were able to go home! I wish I was there so I could help you out. We will be back in about a week and a half. I'll call you when we get in.

Eileen said...

There's no place like home! Glad you'are there with Conner and all the rest of the family. Love you!

Dawn said...

Big fat YAY! I'm so glad for you guys and all of the kissing and hugging that you will be able to get in again! I'm so glad that you can all be together again as a family and that you can be home! YAY!

Unknown said...

Sweet baby! I'm so happy you guys are home & that Conner WIll get a break from all the "hurt" that goes on in the hospital! Enjoy your time at home with all your babies :)