
6-7 medium size (baked) potatoes
2/3 c. margerine
2/3 c. flour
6 c. milk
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4 green onion sliced thin(just the green part)
12 slices crispy bacon, or 1 1/2 c. bacon bits( I use the real bacon bits)
1 1/4 c. cheese, or more:)
1 crushed chicken boullion cube
1 (8oz.) carton sourcream
Melt butter, med/low heat. Add flour, stir until smooth. Gradually add the milk and cook on medium heat. Stir often until thick and bubbly. Sometimes I cheat and when it is nice and hot I will go ahead and add the cheese to thicken it faster. Add peeled, cubed potatoes and the remaining ingredients, except sourcream. Cook until heated through. Stir in sourcream. This is really an easy recipe especially if you have baked potatoes already made up from a previous meal. One of my families favorites!! Enjoy!
2/3 c. margerine
2/3 c. flour
6 c. milk
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4 green onion sliced thin(just the green part)
12 slices crispy bacon, or 1 1/2 c. bacon bits( I use the real bacon bits)
1 1/4 c. cheese, or more:)
1 crushed chicken boullion cube
1 (8oz.) carton sourcream
Melt butter, med/low heat. Add flour, stir until smooth. Gradually add the milk and cook on medium heat. Stir often until thick and bubbly. Sometimes I cheat and when it is nice and hot I will go ahead and add the cheese to thicken it faster. Add peeled, cubed potatoes and the remaining ingredients, except sourcream. Cook until heated through. Stir in sourcream. This is really an easy recipe especially if you have baked potatoes already made up from a previous meal. One of my families favorites!! Enjoy!
p.s. I was looking for a picture and came across the Black Angus Restaurants recipe. It is almost exactly like this one. The only thing is they don't have the chicken boullion cube. They simmer their onions and potatoes for 10 min. stirring constantly, that would only add more flavor! Then they add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the cheese is melted. Yum!
2 comments:
yum can't wait!
This looks like something I'll try and like!!! Yum!!!
Post a Comment