4.05.2007

Families Can Be Together Forever

From the time I was a kid I have always loved this song. I love it even more now. With Kaelsy and Steven's Birthdays so close together I have had them on my mind more than the usual. I miss them and can't wait to see them again someday. I know they are watching over us.
I am thankful for all the great memories I have of them both. I was out of town with Whitley on Steven's birthday. Her and I ran down to the gas station and bought some bubble gum. I remember when Steven was a kid always wanting to go to the store to pick out a treat. When I lived in Mattawa and he came to visit for a few weeks he talked me into letting him drive the short way home from the station. I don't think I will carry that tradition on with my kids, at least not until they are 16!! Hee! Hee!
One of the good memories I have of Kaelsy is when he first started his freshman year. I was excited to have my brother in school with me. I liked giving him a big hug knowing it would embarrass him in front of his friends. Other memories I have are of D.Q. dates and dancing. He always loved to golf. Today we are going goofy golfing with the kids. I am grateful that even though we do not have them here in person we can keep their memory alive in our hearts and in the hearts of our children.

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Remember when you let me drive the red bug? Ha HA I was a great driver! I remember you taking him to dances and DQ I was jealous :( Anyway, good memories huh? Just have to keep remembering those to make life bearable. Love Ya!

Aleia said...

Happy Birthday Kaelsy! Ronnie & Aleia

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday Kaelsy! You and Katie brought back some wonderful memories and made a great little video. I miss his sweet smile and Steven's too!

Connie said...

Remember his smile! Unforgettable.

Eileen said...

Shauna and I enjoyed watching the video. We love all of your family. I remember running into Steven at Walmart. It was homecoming or prom-Saturday day date. They were running around being silly and having fun. I thought of that with prom coming up next week.

Heather said...

Happy B-day Kaelsy! That is such a great picture of him.