1.01.2008

Barbosa Graduation!!!

It was fun to watch Andy help Marcio with his gown having done the same thing himself last year.
Everyone was helping Dad get ready for the big day. :)
In Michigan they always post the temperature and then the "feels like". It was around15 degrees that night and I swear with the wind and humidity it "felt like" below 0....Buuurrrrr! Last month we went to Michigan to attend Marcio's graduation, he graduated
from Eastern Michigan with an M.B.A. It was so exciting!! I can't believe it has been 3 years since they lived with us they are like family and we are so glad we had the opportunity to become so close with them . Katia was such a wonderful supporter and has always had such a great attitude and amazing faith. Marcio did such a great job with his studies and graduated with a 3.8. That is quite an accomplishment for someone that actually knows English, and is that much more amazing for someone that came to the U.S. not knowing any. He is such a hard worker and has been so blessed because of it. Their boys Vinicius and Gabriel, are fluent now in both English and Portuguese and this last year they have been working on Spanish in school. It is fun to listen to them talk and watch them interact with their friends. Katia was able to take some English classes too and is speaking well. Their babe Mateus understands Portuguese but only speaks English. :) Their plans now are to find a job here and work for a year and then head back to Brazil. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for them and will bless them.

9 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Looks like you had a fun cold time :) Very exciting for them!

Lydia said...

What good friends you two have been to them. I remember when they were living with you. Tell him Congratulations!

Mindful Mothering said...

How touching... thanks for sharing. So neat to share in their hard work and success!

Shannon said...

That is great for him. I didn't know they lived with you. I guess I was out of the loop. But congrats to him.

Heitmann Family said...

I was wondering if you were going to post any pics of the trip. Congrats to the Barbosa family!!! I am glad that you got to go back and be there for them, I imagine they were grateful you guys were there!!

Dawn said...

Brr! Your noses say how cold it really was!

Josh n' Meagan said...

How exciting! I'm glad to finally see some pictures so I can put faces with their names since I've heard so much about them.

Heather said...

Congrats to the Barbosa family!!!!

Heitmann Family said...

Love you too Andy!!!