4.09.2009

DISAPPOINTED

I received a phone call yesterday morning from Dr. Hanley's Secretary saying Conner's surgery will be postponed until June 3rd. We were going to leave today...I know surgery gets cancelled but I was still shocked. That happened to be the same day that Ronald McDonald called saying that we had a room waiting for us. Heck...what do ya do. There is a little baby in the NICU that needs it more than Conner and because he is doing so well we were the ones bumped. I fully understand, though am still disappointed. The reason we are postponed for so long is because they have many others already scheduled like we were. We have had our moment and are now moving forward. We are just glad our sweet baby is doing well and ask for your continued prayers so that his little heart continues to hold up until then. Thank you so much for all your prayers so far!! Conner says thank you too!

11 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Well bummer!! But I am grateful that Conner is doing so well- and pray he continues to do so. Hang in there!!

*Katie May* said...

We'll keep praying his little heart keeps working how it is so he'll be ready for surgery. Love Ya!

Katie said...

I'm sorry. That's tough after getting all ready to go and geared up for hospital life again! What surgery will he be having? Keeping Conner in our prayers... He looks so big!!!

Meagan Rogers said...

How frustrating!

The Houston Family said...

UGH!!! Conner is in my prayers and so are you.

Dawn said...

What a double edged sword! Hope it doesn't get postponed again. We will keep you in our prayers.

Shannon said...

He is such a cute pie. Sorry to hear his surgery got bumped. As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Amy said...

I am sorry! I know what being bumped feels like....you just want your baby healthy! I will be sad to miss seeing you there! Maybe we can meet up in June!

Eileen said...

Patience is a virtue! Love you all

Lydia said...

That hard to be a hard thing! connor is still in our prayers along with you, Andy, and your family!

The Chamberlain Family said...

Oh, you have been through so much! What a disappointment. We will be praying for you guys!!!