11.19.2008

California...

I am here in California now, I didn't think I was going to get into the Ronald Mcdonald house and then I received a call Monday, the night before I left saying I was in! All I can say is WOW! There are so many great volunteers to help keep the place going and help the families by lifting their spirits. They do everything from running the front desk to teaching kids how to cook. Our friends the Jones's lent me their car and have been very helpful, I will go to church with them. When I didn't think I was going to get in to the RMHouse I had lots of offers from them and their ward to stay in their homes, I feel blessed to know that wherever I go I have a ward family! Tommorow will be full of appointments so I will have to update. I am hoping to get a firm day as to when I will be induced. Yesterday was tough leaving my family but I just have to count my blessings and be glad it is not 6 months like Jackie, a lady from Maui! I realize I will have my moments but am feeling much better today. Thanks again for your support and prayers, our family is feeling it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it safe to California. I'm so glad you got into the RM House. I hope your appointments go well.

Mindful Mothering said...

Thank you so much for sharing that last post... the poem and video were beautiful. Sounds like your journey is beginning well... keep us posted and we'll keep you in our prayers:-)

Lydia said...

I'm glad your doing better. I tried to call you Sunday and Monday. I love you and you are in my thoughts all the time. I'm glad you got in the RM house. Keep us posted.

MomaK said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I wish I could help out sooner with the kids. We love you and pray that you will be comforted while you are away from Andy and the kids.

I wish I could be there with you.
Love, Kristie

Heitmann Family said...

Thanks for the update. We pray for you daily, even the kids do. We love you lots!!

Katie said...

Best of luck to you tomorrow with your appointments. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest! Sending many prayers and thoughts your way!
Love,
Katie

Mandy said...

That's good news. Stay as positive as you have been! Your family will miss you but be fine. It's a long road ahead but you will be blessed. Love ya.

Unknown said...

The RM Houses are GREAT! My brother & sister-in-law stayed in one when they were pregnant with a sick baby, & the people there were wonderful! We'll be thinking of you & praying for you :)

Aleia said...

thinking of you! Hang in there!

Cami said...

Love you!

Dawn said...

Yay, you are there and all is going well. I'm glad to hear you are in the RM house. I remember my mom doing something with RM house in Missouri. We were there alot. Good luck, you are in our prayers and what a blessing with the insurace/stanford situation! can't wait to see more pics of CA, keep us posted!