11.21.2008

Update...

Everything went as expected yesterday. He is still growing well, they say he is average size so that is good. His non-stress test went well too. The echo was the same as before, they think they see the Pulmonary Artery though very small. They gave me a date...December 4th at 9:00 a.m. The ultrasound showed that I have alot of amniotic fluid though not a big concern. I was wondering why I was feeling the past two months like I was in my last! I woke up this morning thinking ya know I feel like a beached whale. Then I thought...I really am like a beached whale. The ultrasound lady even said he was having fun swimming around in there soooo maybe we should call him Jonah!? What do ya think Andy??? HAHAHA! O.K. so maybe I am not that funny but it is always fun to start your morning with a good laugh. :)
Anyway...I met another Mom who came in yesterday that is prego and her little girl has pulmonary atresia too. Hers is a little different though where the right ventricle did not grow very much because of lack of blood flow. I am going to give her the information to the blogs that I have been too because most of them have the same exact defect. She will be induced the day before me so I figure we will be seeing much more of eachother over there. It was nice to talk to her and understand how she is feeling.
I went to Twilight today, it was fun to watch the book come to life. I went to the 2:00 o'clock showing...figured I would try and miss all the teeny boppers while they were in school. Sure enough when I got out there was a nice long line! :)
Another great thing Andy and I found out today was that Stanford will pick up the 20% after the insurance pays the 80%! The only thing we have to pay for while we are here are labs and pharmacy. We were so happy and relieved! One less burden to have to worry about, we feel very fortunate!

10 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

I am glad everything went well and that the baby is doing well too. What a blessing for Stanford to pick up the 20%, huge blessing!! Well continue to keep us posted and we will continue to keep you guys in our prayers! Love you-

*Katie May* said...

Glad ya made it to Twilight! SO glad yu don;t have to worry finacially!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. You are in our thoughts and prayers
Love, The Neighbors (Fortins)

Anonymous said...

What good news about Stanford! Luke and I have been checking the blog frequently to get the results of all the tests so we are relieved that everything was as expected. I never did get your cell number--I'll give Andy a call and get it. Luke and I went to the new James Bond movie last night and there were so many people lined up for Twilight. I guess all of the shows in the Valley theater sold out so I am glad you were able to get in and "escape" a little into a movie. Keep us posted if anything changes and know we are thinking of you.

Lydia said...

That is great about Stanford picking up the extra 20%. You are in my thoughts and prayers Sariah. I love you! Hey, I just got back from seeing Twilight too. I thought it was pretty awesome. It stayed close to the book. Only problem...I wanted to see more.

Shannon said...

That is great that most of your medical will be covered. You are in our prayers. Glad you got to see Twilight. I hope I can see it soon.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

We love you and miss you.

We are enjoying our Sunday at home with Mason and Tanner sick with the Flu...

The Finch family back home.

Anonymous said...

Micah and I went to see Twilight last night too, there was a row or girls behind us, but it wasn't that bad. Micah never has time to, or is even remotely interested in the blogging thing, but I make sure he is updated with your situation. He sure misses you guys! Good luck with everything!

Meagan Rogers said...

That is awesome about the hospital helping out! What a big relief for you. Did you like the movie? I'm still waiting...

Anonymous said...

Well, today in Relief Society they announced that next Sunday there will be a special fast for you and the baby. I didn't know if anyone told you so I just wanted to let you know how many people in Spokane are thinking of you. Have a good week--I'm excited to have your little kiddos over tomorrow. It should be lots of fun.