11.11.2008

I found this poem and video on another Mom's blog someone had referred me to and thought I would share. All of us have different trials we have to go through here in this life and I know Heavenly Father will be there for our little one as he goes through his...as he suffers pain Christ will be there to comfort him and give him strength.
The reality of the situation is starting to set in and I know this won't be easy. I try to find strength in knowing I can find comfort in Christ if I will have faith...

Twas the night that you joined us...all eyes were on earth.
Awaiting with joy for a most special birth.
The angel's stood ready...for each need and care,
But all of them knew... that the Lord would be there,
And I labored on... and daddy was scared,
We waited...and wondered... and hoped we'd prepared.
We knew you were special...but so very sick,
Yet hope had grown in me... with every kick.
And soon it was time...into this world you came,
I heard a soft cry... then I called out your name....
And God held your hands...while the angels stood by,
Since I could not hold you...they hushed your soft cries.
One small angel looked to the father and smiled,
"Can you truly teach hope... through such a small child"?
"An infant so helpless...a baby so new...
"Oh please tell me Lord...is this what you will do"?
God looked from the angel...to the baby's sweet face,
"Through him my young charge... they will learn about grace".
"I penned this child's journey...quite a long time ago,
"And through his great courage...such true love will grow".
"Every hair on his head has been numbered you see.."
"It's my hope that through him... they will learn to see me.
"Oh my little one with a special heart..." "Great love will see you through.."
"See look that is your family..""They've been waiting for you.."
"I send you to their waiting arms...for a time we'll be apart.."
"But I'll always be with you...for I live within your heart.
And so we held you in our arms...And thanked our Lord above..
In you...we see the miracle, of His undying love.
So when it's Christmas morning, And I watch my children play,
I'll need no great reminders, For I see my gifts each day.

Stephanie(Mom to Braeden)


10 comments:

*Katie May* said...

You and your little man are always in my thoughts and prayers! Love Ya!

Heitmann Family said...

You and Andy are such examples to me and my family of unending faith and hope. We pray for you and that little man daily. Know that we love you and him.

Mandy said...

The tears are flowing, thanx for sharing. What sweet little spirits. It takes a very strong woman to be able to handle that! A strong man too! Don't doubt that! Love ya.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

You are always in our prayers. That was such a tender sweet video. I regret to say that I have never given blood before and I even have the rare type. To know that it could help babies live, I will give blood. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

Shannon (Singleton) told me about your special little baby who's due to arrive soon! A friend of mine just had a baby (Kaiya) who's two weeks old just underwent heart surgery a week ago. You should check out her blog also. www.angelahodges.blogspot.com

I hope and pray that you are all doing great and that you'll have the strength you need to get through the coming months.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful you even made me tear up a little bit! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there :) Leah

Lydia said...

What beautiful little children and what strength they have and their parents. Our prayers are with you, Andy and your little guy each day and night. We love you and you are always in my thoughts!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dawn said...

wow! I'm not a cryer, but I'm tearing up! Good luck with the sweet little angel and know that ou are always in our thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Sariah,
Just found out yesterday about the trials facing your family with this new little gift! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! This poem had me sobbing at work! Next time I will have to read your blog from home :o)