We(Andy was on speaker phone) met with Dr. Hanley our surgeon this morning and he said that from what the echo is showing our little guy has a very high chance of being able to have a surgery 2-10 days after birth! This is good! They seem to believe they are seeing a Ductus and there is blood flowing somewhere, which typically means it is flowing to a pulmonary artery. They will confirm everything once they can actually do an echo directly on him. The surgery would consist of them repairing the large hole and putting in a pulmonary valve. He has a 98% survival rate which is wonderful and once the surgery is done he will have 100% oxygen saturation levels. As far as surgeries in the future it just depends on how rapid his growth is, how the valve holds up etc. Typically around 2-5 yrs. of age, teenager and adult.
Now... if they find that there isn't that great of a pulmonary artery then they would wait until he is 3-4 months of age for the unifocalization surgery. We were thinking it was the other way around as far as our chances of having a surgery right away so we are feeling hopeful! Dr. Hanley has a very calming presence...these surgeons are definitely blessed with a gift!
11 comments:
Awesome news! I hope everything continues to look good :)
Oh, that is good news. We are all rooting for you...
That is wonderful news! I need to get your number from my mom so I can call and talk to you.
Love ya,
Heather
How exciting! I can't believe the time for him to come is already here. I can't wait to see him.
Woohoo, that is wonderful!! I can't wait to see his sweet face!!
That's wonderful news Sariah. I pray that everything continues to go well. I love the pictures of your kids doing their hair. Those are good blackmail pictures.
Take care and stay positive!
Fantastic!!! We will continue to pray for you and we are thinking of you often.
Wow that is wonderful news!! He'll be here before you know it & we'll continue to pray for the sweet little guy!
What great news...I'm sure you're relieved and anxious for this process to get started. Keeping you in our prayers and we look forward to your updates as the little guy arrives! Hang in there :)
Love,
Katie (Maddie's mom)
Great news! We are all thinking about you and praying for the best. Thanks for the update.
Ashlee
Good news! I hope it all goes well, I'm sure that it will! Good luck!
Post a Comment