11.05.2009

As I think of you...a Mother

11.5.09

This is Katie posting for Sariah. Her and Conner headed out to California this morning for his 3rd surgery. Conner's surgery is scheduled for Nov. 18th. So please keep him and her family in your prayers. Anyway, Sariah asked me to post this poem that my sister-in-law Jennifer wrote. Sariah said the poem hits it right on the head on how she feels.Jennifer was thinking of Sariah and a couple of girls she knows that have baby boys that have all required medical attention and was inspired write this poem for them....

As I think of you…a Mother

I think of you in the still of the night
The quiet almost unbearable
Sleeping is the obvious choice
If only you were able

I think about the thoughts you have
Am I right or am I wrong
Should I stay, should I go
All the while the clock ticks on

I think about how your body feels
Drained and tired underestimate
A body full of ache and pain
You must press on because time won’t wait

I Think of your face behind the mask
The tears streaming down your cheeks
They are not the first nor be they the last
The road may seem unbearable for weeks

I think of where you live your life
You are needed here you are needed there
Who is the strongest you can leave for the longest
You wish to be everywhere

I think of your heart growing and breaking
As you watch your little one suffer
An indescribable sorrow inside
That makes your heart even stronger

Just as you want to say why me
The words come out “why him”
He’s small and fragile and has no clue
That his spirits bright and his body’s dim

I think of you holding him close to your chest
You know that he’s your son
No matter what his little souls fate
Your heart and his spirit are as one

He’s smiling big and he’s so strong
I know now all will not be long
Come home little child let your spirit reside
Your mother prays morning and night

The time has come for you to leave
But do not shed a tear
Your mother is waiting to take you home
Live with faith as your mothers mirror.

7 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

Love you Sariah.

Katie said...

What a beautiful poem...the tears are sure flowing here. You'll be in our prayers. Thinking of you all and especially for sweet Connor~
Love,
The Allred's (Maddie's family)

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Ahhh...I love the poem. My heart goes out to you each time I think of what little Connor has to go through and the emotions you and Andy must feel.
We are always here for you!

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

We will keep you in our prayers! Hope it all goes well!!

The Houston Family said...

Beautiful! Prayers and more prayers for all of you!

Eileen said...

Want you to know, we are thinking of all of you and love you!

Mike and Linda said...

My little son is 39 years old. That beautiful poem brings back all the feelings and memories that his dad and I felt while he was, and still is, going through his precious time here on earth. Some day we will know "why" but for now its good to have the comforting arms of the Savior around all of us. Dearest Sariah and Andy I pray for you to feel the Peace that can only come from the Comforter. Love, Aunt Linda