onner has been restless all morning. They gave him several doses of medication to take the edge off. I got to hold him for several hours trying to console him. Nothing seemed to work. When they did rounds, we asked about food. He was on 5ml/hour over night just to make sure his tummy still works.



After we got the nurses to get doctor's written order, we mixed up a bottle for him just like we do at home. He grabbed the bottle and downed 200 ml (7 ounces) in less than 5 minutes! We burped him, adjusted his bed and blankets and then he finally fell asleep. This was his first meal in 6 days. It makes me sad just to type that...
We had to push the team along this morning to finally get doctor's orders for eating orally. You could see the life come back into his eyes. The poor kid was
hungry!One less drain tube in his chest. The last drain tube should be pulled tomorrow. We are shedding the tubes and lines daily. All good signs. Word on the street is he may get transferred out of critical care on Wednesday. One day at a time. But we are crossing our fingers...and our toes!
8 comments:
Oh poor little man. I bet he was hungry!! Those pictures are so sweet!! Hope he continues to shed all the tubes!!
oh little guy. he's so sweet. we will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. hope everything goes well
Oh that is great news! I would have never imagined they would let him go that long without food! So happy things are continuing to move along well. We will keep praying for his recovery!
poor little guy! Glad he finally get to eat. I couldn't imagine being that hungry and not being able to say you are.
What a tough little guy, going through all that. Hopefully the end is in sight!
He looks good! I think I'd be cranky too if I hadn't got to eat for a week. What a trooper.
Oh Sariah, I have been following your blog for weeks now and am sooo very happy the surgery went well and he is losing lines & tubes!! Even though we are very used to the post op sight , it hurts anyway to see your little angel there like that. We are wishing him a speedy recovery and hope Andy is by your side for a little while longer! I so enjoy your writing. Thanks for keeping us all updated in such a sweet way.
Hugs from Patricia & the twins
I'm so glad you got to feed him. Poor little guy! i bet he was hungry. I keep praying for him and you! Love you, Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment