11.18.09
SOOO...the last thing I said was that Conner was doing well...he is. We just thought he wasn't. We have had a few bumps in the road. He has had the runny nose for 10 days now and we are thinking it is probably just an allergy because it has not changed at all. He gave us a scare Monday night though and was up numerous times throughout the night crying like he was hurting. I thought, oh no the drainage has settled in his ears and now he has an ear infection!! Anyway, not much sleep that night even when he was sleeping, I was busy thinking. The next morning, yesterday, I brought him in to be checked out. His physical was o.k. The ear canals where slightly red, probably just irritated from the drainage but not infected. They wanted to test his blood and get an x-ray to make sure he wasn't brewing something. The test that shows if he is getting a viral infection came back slightly higher than normal. They felt o.k. though going forward with the surgery if it did not change. In the meantime we were debating on whether Andy should hold off on his flight. He didn't leave on the original flight but would not have been able to go on any other except the 1:45. The problem was that the tests were not all going to be back yet. In the end we had him come hoping that all would be o.k. since his physical exam had gone so well. Anyway, we came in this morning he was tested again and the levels were the same so he was whisked off to surgery.
We just met with our "angelic" Dr. Hanley and he said the way it all looked they will more than likely be able to do the full repair. I am so excited to think this could be his last for quite some time! O.K. I can't get too excited just in case but I can be hopeful right :? The lung profusion scan came out with better results on the right lung than they thought. He is 40% profusion on his right and 60% on his left. We were so happy! They were thinking it could very well be 10% right 90% left so that was great news. Boy this is getting long and I can't post a picture right now so I am sure it is getting boring! :) We will keep you posted. We are hoping by 6:00 this evening to be back together again. Thank you so much for all the prayers and faith. I know Heavenly Father is in charge and sometimes just wants us to swim a little. Just keep swimming... swimming... swimming....
4 comments:
I am glad everything is looking so well! Keeping my fingers crossed he gets the full repair and it all goes well! Love you guys!
That's great that everything is going good- We'll continue to keep you & your family in our prayers.
Wonderful!! I hope this is the end of it for awhile!
Just keep swimming and singing! ;) You are such a wonderful example to me Sariah. I'll be hoping that this is the end for a while and that you guys get a rest! ;)
Post a Comment