11.19.2009

STiLl PLuggINg ALonG....

Conner is still moving forward. They are starting to wean some of the meds. so that he can start waking up a little more...he is doing great considering. Yesterday's news is still with us, we are just so happy that Conner doesn't have to go through another surgery in the near future!! He just gets to grow and develop like everybody else. When we heard the news I cried and Andy watered. :) What a wonderful feeling, it was like we had crossed the finish line from a long race. I realize he still will have challenges here and there but nothing like what he has been through this past year. The biggest hurdle was that Dr. Hanley was able to figure out how to patch his little heart together. I know he was blessed with an amazing talent and is inspired as he operates. We are just so grateful to have our little Conner! He has taught us so much and brought so much love into our home! Heavenly Father has been with each of us every step of the way.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm so glad that he is alright. What a scare though! I'll keep onpraying for him and all of your family. I love you Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Oh it makes me want to cry! I love Dr. Hanley and I know how you must have felt when he told you in his so serine and calm manner with a little twinkle in his eyes. I have been holding my breath these days and wanted to text you..but not bother you. Yeah for little Connor!! Hugs for you all! Patricia & the twins

Krista said...

So glad to hear you and your little guy can have a long break from the hospital scene. Love ya guys.

Meagan Rogers said...

Such great news!

Heitmann Family said...

I am so glad to hear that all went well. I can't wait to see pics of the little man!! Sending love and prayers your way, as always!!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you all. Send pictures of Connor soon!
Prayers will continue to flow for the little man and his family:)