11.28.2009

Update...

Conner is staying busy...going for rides
watching football with Dad....
and soaking in the tub....
Conner is working on getting better. His lungs are still very "junky" and he needs oxygen when he sleeps. The last few days have been tough on him. He cries often and is not very consolable. The nurses kept saying it was too far out from surgery for him to feel pain from his sternum. He has been throwing up lately, yesterday every feed. We knew he would revert back and start doing this again because of his palate issue. Because of this we started him on reglan early. His gag reflex is very sensitive though and the reglan hasn't helped much. We started him on some medication for reflux thinking maybe that is why he is in pain. The medicine takes a few days to start working so last night they started him on oxycodone. He has been much happier and has been sleeping better. The Docs are thinking a couple more days....

We have had some great nurses. One in particular is Christine. She gave Conner a "bath" last night and he loved it! It was a nice ending to a rough day.

Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Marshall and Jenny's and had a delicious dinner! Jenny and I had our hair styled after dinner from the girls. We looked so cute! I wish I would have remembered my camera...darn it! Anyway they have been great. Andy and I have taken a break at different times and gone out with them. The boys went to a Stanford Football game and I went with Jenny to New Moon. The more I get to know them the more I am impressed... they are a great family.

8 comments:

The Houston Family said...

Slow and steady! Reflux will end someday. For Maile it was right around three and it just stopped all of a sudden. Just another one of those crazy things. He is looking so good. Love to see him ALL pink!

*Katie May* said...

Darn it I hope you guys get to go home sooner then later :) He is such a doll!

Sue Peterson said...

Sorry to hear that Connor has had a couple of rough days. I hope the medicine helps and he gets to sleeping/feeling better soon! I know how much you would like to be home...It was SOOOO good seeing you this past week. I have to come down with Mackenzie this Wednesday for a clinic visit - if you will still be there, maybe I can come by and say hi and bring something to eat/drink?!? Just let me know! It will be Wednesday morning - we are usually done around 11 a.m. or so...

Heather said...

Hope he gets feeling better soon. He looks so good!

Love ya,
Heather

Lydia said...

I'm so sorry he has had a tough time the past few days. Hopefully, he will be on the mend and home soon. Still praying for him and your family! Love you!

Eileen said...

Conner looks so good sitting there watching TV with his Daddy. You're in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Love ya!

Heitmann Family said...

Love the little spit bath! I hope he is feeling better!!

Lara said...

Just wanted to say Hello and Happy Late Thanksgiving. I hope Conner is feeling better. He looks good in all the pics. Hope to see you soon.