11.20.2009

pics of the pup

The morning of the surgery, Conner was getting some needed snuggles from Mom.
In pre-op, Conner was given medicine that made him loopy before they took him into surgery.
Conner was just about gone by the time this picture was taken.
After the surgery, the X-ray to the left was taken. The X-ray on the right was from his June surgery. The right lung (your left) is much darker from this surgery compared to last. This is a a very good sign that his right lung is contributing to Conner's oxygen capacity. In the words of one of the fellows, "It is a modern day miracle!"
Conner post-op. There are drain tubes, arterial lines, ventilator tubes, sensors...galore. It was quite a sight during the first surgery. After the third operation, we have come to expect this.
If you can see the light blue number (second from the bottom number of 33), it show 100 - this means Conner has an oxygen saturation level of 100% indicating the whole in the heart is closed. This was a long-awaited sight for our eyes!
Sariah assuming the position by Conner's bed.
Trying to get a panoramic view of all the paraphernalia associated with keeping Conner alive for the time being. Pretty impressive setup.
Dr. Hanley came by for a photo shoot. We told him not to confuse us with the paparazzi. He understands why we appreciate his skills and knowledge (God given of course). We committed to not follow him home or jump out of the bushes on the way to his car.

12 comments:

*Katie May* said...

100 YEAH! I am glad he is doing so well! Poor sweet baby.

Anonymous said...

That is great news!

Heitmann Family said...

So relieved to see he is doing so well. What a blessing Dr. Hanley has been!! I hope the recovery goes well and he can come home quickly! Love you guys-

The Houston Family said...

I love 100% Congrats! So happy for all of you!

Lydia said...

What a journey! I'm so glad he is doing so well. It won't be long...Home Sweet Home!

Sue Peterson said...

So happy to see that 100 on the screen in blue! I still can't believe all the tubes and lines they have post-surgery...its still pretty daunting to look at, even when you've seen it before! He looks so much bigger than when I last saw him...which is great...and good to see the better X-ray as well. I am very happy to see things going well. We will be down there for clinic on Wednesday - will you be around? I would love to stop up on the floor and say hi if possible! Just let me know!
--Sue, mom to Mackenzie

Lara said...

All I can say is WOW!! We are so happy for little Conner!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Yeah! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! So happy to see and hear how well the little guy is doing! Will be thanking God for this and praying for a full and quick recovery. Maybe he'll be celebrating #1 at home with his siblings!? Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Good news all around for today.

Dawn said...

Yay! 100! I'm sitting here wondering how you two have made it through the last year, and I think you guys are amazing! So glad to hear all is well and he's going to get to rough house with all those boys soon. Hope his recovery goes well and you can all be a family again! Yay!

Crooked H Ranch said...

There are incredible stories all around, your's at the top, but we'll never hear about these through the media. We have to look for Faith these days. Thank you for sharing!

Amy said...

So exciting! Glad to see 100%!

Anonymous said...

He looks so good, even all wired up! We're all so grateful that it's gone so well. Love you! Aina and fam