11.19.2009

Crazy...

Last night we got a call at 3:00 a.m. from the hospital. Scared the crud out of me! I start running around the room getting dressed ready to head out the door. Andy gets off the phone a few minutes later and I ask, "what happened??" He just says, "well.........um......................" "Just say it!", I screeched. "He is fine", Andy said. "O.K. why the heck didn't you say something...GEEZ!" Shove! "You are sleeping in the bathroom!" He really didn't sleep in the bathroom but he should have! :) I did find out that he thought that I had heard what she said on the phone because I had put my ear up to it for a second. Well....I did. This is what I heard... "Some one should be by his side...and..."we need to take him in for another heart Cath to see if everything is still o.k." ...What she really said was that he had pulled his breathing tube out(with his tongue mind you) but was able to breathe on his own and was totally fine. Can ya tell I was a bit groggy?? It is protocol to call if something like that happens, no matter what the time. They have no clue how he did it. He must have gagged a little and then just yanked it with his tongue. Crazy! I think it was a blessing though because they were able to see that he was a bit too awake. After they put the new tube in they conked him out with some more drugs. His heart rate and blood pressure were fine through it all so they say he must not have been in pain, thank goodness! Anyway it was a bit hard to go back to sleep after that adrenaline rush...

3 comments:

Amy said...

On my goodness! I got a great laugh out of that! HATE those calls in the middle of the night! Only got one, but you fear the worse especially since it was the first time and didn't know protocaol! Anyhow, glad he is doing well and Andy isn't sleeping in the bathroom....they are nice a spacious, though....so beware Andy! :-)

The Houston Family said...

OH MY WORD!

Sue Peterson said...

lol...I remember those days of Bean pulling tubes out! They are very sneaky, these heart babies! I'm sure it was scary at the time, but the blog post was pretty funny! :)