Dr. Hanley just notified us that they were able to do the full repair! All of Conner's circulation is normal now with a prosthetic pulmonary valve, VSD closed up, pulmonary artery on both right and left lungs both tied together at the top of the valve. Conner should be getting to the CVICU in the next hour or so for us to see. He'll be on the ventilator for the next 3-4 days at least.
What a blessing it is to have the medical help we have today! We are grateful for all those who have helped at home with the kids, family and friends, neighbors and co-workers. We've also had plenty of support from family and friends who don't live close.
We still have a few weeks of work getting Conner home, but we are just pleased and relieved to know we'll get to stay home for a while now. It should be several years before his pulmonary valve will either be worn out or outgrown.
We'll have pictures to post tonight or tomorrow.
13 comments:
Wow! That's so wonderful!!! Yes, we are so blessed to live in a time when our baby's could get the help they needed. Praying for Conner's recovery to go smoothly and that you'll be home in no time! Tell Debbie and Arin hello if you see them again for me! Take care and heart hugs to you....
Praise God! SOOOO HAPPY to hear this news. It has been such a long time coming!
Continued love and prayers for you Finches.
Love,
the Nelsons
YEAH! I am SO excited for you guys! Especially Conner! He will be in my prayers for a quick recovery! Thanks for the great news!
Wonderful news! We'll be praying for Conner and your family.
I am so glad the surgery went so well!! We will continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, he will heal and recover quickly, so you can return home soon. When we talked on the phone today I forgot to tell you about the sweet thing Porter did for Tyler. Yesterday at scouts they had all of these different projects to choose from. Porter made a "Daniel Boone" type hat. Tyler was crazy about it, but when they went to make another one for Tyler there weren't any left. Porter saw how much Tyler liked it and and how dissapointed he was that he couldn't make one, so on the way home he gave it to Tyler and told him that he could keep it because he had one kind of like it at home. It was SO SO SO sweet. It really made Tyler's month--he hasn't hardly taken it off. It was such a kind, generous thing for Porter to do and I just wanted you to know. Hope to see you relatively soon--Call if you need me to do anything here in Spokane.
Yay! Glad to hear the good news!
That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you & especially for your sweet baby! His little body will finally get a rest! I know the Lord has heard all of our prayers & will continue to bless you guys :)
So relieved!!
Oh, we are so happy for you! What a great blessing!
Yay! I am so happy things went well. Praying for a fast and smooth recovery! Love You!
Heather
Always good to hear good news:) You guys are truly amazing to me. You are so strong!
WHOOP, Whoop!! Yippeeee! I am sooo happy for you! What a relief! Happy recovery and hurry home so you can be home for Christmas. "There's no place like home for the holidays!"
I was so happy to hear they were able to do all of the surgery. I prayed all day for him. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery! Love you guys!!! Give him hugs and kisses from his Great Auntie!!!
Post a Comment