As far as status, Conner was taken off the medication to keep his ductus arteriosis open today because they determined...he didn't have one. They also speculate what they interpreted to a left pulmanary trunk is more likely two large collateral vessels. We just keep learning more and more as they continue the diagnostics. Things are subject to change again before we are done.
There is a CT scan scheduled for Monday where they will inject die in an attempt to find out more about his collateral vessels. We won't know until Wednesday (at the earliest) if there will be an operation now or in 3 months. With no ductus or left trunk there is no reason to shunt before we leave the hospital.
As for other bodily functions, his pooper subassembly works well. We changed three diapers (bottom of picture) before we could get a clean one buttoned up. It think the on-off switch is activated when his subassembly touches a clean diaper. Quite the power tool! But watch out for the hair trigger. The seals are brand new, so its a high pressure system we're talk'n bout. One more thing: Like a table saw, you never want to stand directly behind it. Always stand just a fuzz to the side just in case he lets off without ya bein' awares.
We went back tonight and got to hold Conner really for the first time. It was a lot of work to get him out of his bed, but the nurse was a trooper. Sariah checked his subassembly right before we left and sure enough all magnetos were lit! It only took two diapers this time. It's not just another day, it's another day of progress.
11 comments:
Hi! I am a friend of Katie and Brendan's! She put a link to your blog from hers!
Anyways! I just wanted to congradulate you on your sweet little boy! He looks so cute and perfect, it is hard to believe that anything is wrong with his heart. I hope everything goes well. I'm prayin' for you guys!
Yeah another good day!! He is sooo sweet. I need a good face shot of him to put on the calendar!!! Squeeze him for me and give him kisses!! Love you guys!!
I am so glad you guys got to hold him! He looks great! Love those chubby cheeks! They remind me of Tanners :)
Hey! How did we not know there was a blog everyone was checking in on?! He is beautiful. Your family is in the forefront of our prayers. Jessica A. is coming home from S. Carolina today with her miracle baby. They are coming fast and furiously (the miracles).
I'm so glad you two got to hold your sweet little angel. What a trooper! He is such a doll. Love his name too. Love you all,
Aunt Lydia
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
connor is such a cute sweet little boy. I'm so glad you got to sit down and actually hold him. You guys are in our prayers.
My heart is full for you guys! Hang in there, he's such a sweet little guy and has already proven he's worth it! We love you guys, keep us posted!
Drew, Looking at you hold that little man just tears at me. Makes me feel like praying like I've never prayed before. It is a surreal thing to put your life and will in the hand of the Lord and see what HIS will is.... that is my definition of "trust in God". It can put an aweful knot in your throat. My hope is that it is in God's will to let this little man continue with us. Count me in as a prayer soldier. Elder Maxwell said there are no athiests in foxholes and when I would go into the NICU, I used to say to my co residents that there aren't any athiests in the NICU either!
Sariah - what a sweet baby! Hope he continues to grow and get stronger every day. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Congrats, Sariah! We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Post a Comment