We have had one good thing after another today. First of all, Conner is now being fed breast milk every 3 hours. He is getting some of the liquid gold Sariah pumped for him. The first few days it was like butter. I love it! We have been able to feed him since last night. Sariah got a nice belch out of him tonight. It is just good to hold, feed, burp, change diapers...the normal routine for parents.
As we visited Conner this morning, we found out the chief neonatologist at Stanford is a member. He has been very good to us over the last few days. Everyone (nurses, doctors, residents) all speak very highly of him. He is pushing for extra tests now to help us find out more about Conner's low platelet count.
We attended church in the Palo Alto 2nd Ward. They had a choir that was incredible. There are so many talented people in this ward. The Sunday school lesson was on the Brother of Jared. Much of the lesson was focused on our relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Often it is the wind and the waves of adversity that are required to get us to our 'promised land'. The lesson was a good reminder that nothing of eternal value is easy.
We ate dinner with Marshall's (one of my mission comps and Conner's ocassional anesthesiologist) family tonight. They are so good to us. We couldn't ask for more support and friendship.
While there are many challenges ahead for us, we feel extremely blessed right now. Our objective is to count our blessings and write them down, one by one. It will take a while.
Thanks for your continued support and prayers. Life is good.
15 comments:
You don't realize what an unexpected pillar of strength you are to people. Keep it up.
Life is good. I am glad that he is doing so well eating. It is always good to have people on your side fighting for just the right tests to help Conner out. So no hole in the pallate of his mouth I assume. Katie and I will have to be patient and just communicate through the blog. Miss talking to you Sariah. Much love sent your way to all. Make it a good day.
I am so glad he gets to eat the "good" stuff!! You guys are awesome. I appreciate your example. I am glad you got to spend time with Marshall out of the hospital setting. So glad you had a wonderful day!! We love you lots!!
I'm glad you finally get to cuddle with him Sariah! :)Remember let's skype today :)
Wonderful to hear such good news. I know that Conner feels better too just being able to feel your arms and love around him.
What great news. Way to go on the pumping Sariah...I know that can be it's own tough journey to the promised land. ;)
It's so awesome to hear how the Lord really does put people in our paths to provide the miracles that we need. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us...
We hope you have another great day today. Could you tell us a little more about the platelet situation?
Love you!
Yeah!!! Thank you for continuing to share the news of your little bundle of joy! We are so happy that Conner is doing so well, and what wonderful news about him getting the "gold"! You two really are an example of God's love. We miss having you around, though you are always in our thoughts! Whitley was over checking the weather yesterday...she is looking forward to a little warmth. Can you send some back with her? :0)
Your~~Frozen~~neighbors to the west!
yay! We love liquid gold around here! And what a time saver! directly to him! Good job, keep it up, we can't wait to hear about the next bit of good news!
Sariah & Andy - I'm so glad that Teresa told me about the blog! I had no idea of all you've been going through and am filled with hope like you, that the future will be bright for Conner. Miracles happen everyday, I will keep both of you in my prayers!
I sure miss all of you - take care of yourselves and that adorable baby!
I am glad your baby is doing good. He is a very cute little guy! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. =) Happy Holidays!!
I'm so happy to hear you had such a good day! What joy to hold him in your arms and to nurse him. It brings him joy too. Love you guys and the prayers are still being said. Aunt Lydia
Sariah, Hey I just found your blog. I'm so sorry for all you've been going through. What a strong little guy. I'm so glad he is doing better. What amazing examples of faith and strength you are. You have a beautiful family. I can't believe you have 6 kids. I haven't seen you in so long!!! Probably not since we graduated. We need to catch up sometime. Your'll be in our thoughts and prayers. More miracles will happen. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Erika Baird (Finch)
K I'm just a random stranger who who heard about your sweet little boy from Matie Kay Creations, but I wanted to tell you that I have a good friend whose baby girl had so many complications when she was born and also has been diagnosed with Di George's syndrome. Her blog is maileandnadia.blogspot.com. She went through so much with Maile,open heart surgeries, etc., and I'm sure that she would love to talk to you and at least be someone to understand. She is a member of the church as well, and they moved to Texas recently. If you are interested, check out her blog and tell her that her friend Rachel sent you. Her name is Megan Houston. Hang in there!
My friend Rachel (she left a comment right above mine, I think) gave me your blog address. I have a daughter with digeorge syndrome as well. My daughter is now almost 7 years old and is doing wonderful from a medical stand point. She also has autism (very abnormal for digeorge kids) so she is very low functioning. She was our first born baby and truely a blessing from God. We have been through a lot with her! She has taught us more than 10 "typical" children could have taught us. You are lucky that you caught the heart problems before Conner was born. It took 3 days to figure out what was wrong with our daughter and then we had to be life flighted to LA from Vegas. Anyway, I could ramble on for hours! Don't do to much research on the internet! The worst cases possible are out there. Check out the web sight www.vcfsef.org. I went to one of there conferences and saw about 75 kids of all ages with digeorge running around so normal that it would shock you! You have a long journey ahead of you. Just know that God gave you a gift that is going to stretch you in more ways than you can even imagine. I know you have probably had more advice than you need but ask the hospital for a social worker to help you get Conner hooked up with social services, early intervention, therapy etc. Please feel free to contact me. My email address is alaska_hawaii@yahoo.com and my blog is http://maileandnadia.blogspot.com Your son's chin looks exactly like my daughter. Many kids with digeorge look very simial. My daughter does not look like most of the kids but one of the profiles of your son all hooked up to everything looks exactly like my daughter. Good luck, hang in there, and may God bless you on this adventure!
Megan H.
Post a Comment