12.10.2008

Better Information

It has been a long day today. In summary, we learned Conner has plenty of flow to the left lung and medium flow to the right lung. In fact the pressure in the left lung might be too high for us to go home without a shunt to restrict flow and reduce pressure. They will decide tomorrow if the shunt is required. If it is, they will operate soon and send us home for 3-4 months until Conner is big enough for the reconstructive surgery(s). If not, they will start getting Conner ready to eat and be a normal baby for 3-4 months until they can remodel his inards.

The goodness in all of this is that Conner has enough parts to work with. The surgeries are complex, but the specialists here do them routinely.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--It has been a long day for you. I have been waiting up checking the blog every so often to here how Conner is. It sounds like you will be home fairly soon. When does Andy come home? What do you need me to do here in Spokane once your dad is gone? Let me know how I can help/organize help for you. Our prayers are still with you.

*Katie May* said...

I hope they will know what is best for him by tomorrow. I'm sure all will go well! :) Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Okay--I'm a little tired too. I had to drive to Seminary this morning. Sorry that last comment is riddled with mistakes. I really should have read over it before I published.

Lani said...

This is great news! Truly Great News.

Heitmann Family said...

Awesome news!! I am relieved to hear that he has enough parts to work with and that he is doing well. I bet you guys are relieved too. Love ya- and give him a kiss for me. ok and give one to yourself as well!!!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Great News! Praise the Lord! Prayers are being answered! :) We are continuing to pray for understanding and knowledge for the doctors and for you both. Please let us know if there is anything we can do on this end. We love you-kiss Conner for us!

Katie said...

Sounds like Conner handled the cath just fine? I be you're glad to have some idea of what is going to happen now. That's great news he has both sides to the pulmonary! We'll be praying for the "least invasive" procedure for him. Keep us posted on your sweet little man and heart hugs to you!!!

Heather said...

I am so glad you guys were able to find out more info.
We continue to pray that the doctors can be guided as they make decisions for your sweet little boy. Thanks for the update. We love you!

Love,
Heather

Dorlene said...

Another precious day with your little guy. He looks like an angel. So glad that you are where you can get the best care and I know all will be well. Hope all is well with you.

Aina said...

What great news. We have been praying that he would have enough parts to sustain him! Will they be sending you home with the Avagard hand sanitizer? (hospital grade with moisturizers, by 3M) I have a bottle of it left if you want it. I'm not big on hand sanitizers, but we kept it at our front door while we were trying to keep Madi from getting sick B-4 her surgery...it was great! Everyone who entered soon learned to take a bit. Anyway...we will move on to praying for a smooth transition to normal eating! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

YEE HAW!!!! Glad to hear we have enough parts and pieces (cross our fingers) to get everything working like it should. Give the little angel a big kiss...we love you guys and pray for everything to continue to go well!

Anonymous said...

Sariah

I keep up with you everyday. Thank-you for the updates. You are a very special person. I pray for you and precious little Connor!
Love you, Sister Tieman

Anonymous said...

CONNER! ( I'm getting so old!)

I didn't pay attention to how it was spelled. I don't have my glasses most of the time.

Joyce

Lydia said...

I'm glad yoou got some good news. It is so tiring I bet just waiting each day. I keep praying for Conner and your family and the DR.'s. What a strong and special little guy you have! I check your blog ebery day and night to check on how he is doing. Love you bunches!!! Aunt Lydia

Dawn said...

that's good news, right? We hope you get to take him home soon, so the others can meet him and love on him. Good luck, keep us posted.

mwalker said...

Great news! How comforting to know he has everything he needs for his talented dr's to work with!