12.07.2008

Smile




I realize lips are involuntary muscles for these little babies, but it felt good to see Conner smile. He smiled about 6 times for me as he was dreaming of something good. However, my attempts to capture a good smile on film were foiled.
It is difficult to see in the picture, but an IV was put in his head yesterday. They had to give him a blood transfusion to keep his red blood cell count up. IVs are so hard to get in these babies that once they get one, they leave it in. It won't be the last transfusion he'll get, so the IV will come in handy.
I went to sacrament meeting today in the Menlot Park ward. It was refreshing.
We appreciate the continued support we receive from our friends and family. In the midst of it all, we feel peace and comfort. That is a blessing. We don't have to look very far in the NICU to find those worse off in one way or another.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all today.

Heitmann Family said...

Such a sweet face!! Plant a big kiss from his aunti on those sweet cheeks would ya!! Thinking and praying for you!! I don't know if you remember me telling you about the doc at madigan that did his fellowship at Stanford. His name is Dr. Burney, anyways he was interested in who your OB was. He just thought he would probably know him. Hope you have another good day tomorrow!

*Katie May* said...

He's soo sweet! Glad you were able to go to church. Call me sometime :)

Meagan Rogers said...

What a cute picture. He just looks so peaceful and perfect.

Lydia said...

Oh! He looks so cute! What a special little guy! I'm glad you got to go to church today too. All through Sacrament meeting I thought about Conner and kept saying silent prayers for him and your family. We love you guys! Give Conner some kisses from his Great Auntie!.

Mike and Linda said...

I think that Conner was smiling at his mom and the angels that are all around him.
Love to all of you,
Uncle Mike and Aunt Linda

Heather said...

What a sweet smile. Thanks for keeping us posted on how things are going. Praying for all of you.

Love you,
Heather

Anonymous said...

We pray for the doctors today- that they will be able to conduct the tests- that they can obtain the information they will need to move forward. You have been in our thoughts, prayers and fasting this whole weekend. We love you all and look forwarad to many more smiles! The pictures are great---We love looking at them-- keep us posted!
Love Airica

Aina said...

What a sweetie pie! He is so yummy! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sariah~

This is Ranee, Heather's friend! I just wanted you to know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I have my own theory about all of the sweet kiddo's who are being born with medical issues and/or special needs. I believe they have such special, sweet spirits and that these most valiant spirits are coming to the earth in these latter days because they are the strongest! What a precious little boy he is! We know that Heavenly Father is very mindful of your family! We are praying for you and your family!

Love, Ranee Hansen