12.29.2008

The troops are heading home...








We have had a wonderful time the last nine days here in Cali! Between visits to the hospital, beach, Redwood forest, motorcycles and parks it has been great! Every once in awhile Tanner will stop whatever he is doing and come over and give me a hug, it is nice to be together again! They will take off this evening and then Whitley, Conner and I will soon follow after. They are talking possibly tommorow if he continues to gain weight. The last few days he has lost. Heart babies tend to burn more calories just getting their little hearts to pump and eating on top of that can wear them out. We will come home with an NG Tube to give him a break. Basically it goes from his nose down to his belly and you just hook it up to a pump. He has been on room air the last few days and is doing well. No more bleeding, though he will still be tested to see what exactly is going on with his blood platelets. All in all he is doing well and we are enjoying his sweet little spirit. Thanks again for all of the support...it has helped us through the last few weeks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've had such a good time and I'm so glad Conner is doing well enough to come home soon!!! Let us know what we can do for you and your family.

The Houston Family said...

What a sweet guy! It will be so nice to get him home and away from all of the beeping and what not.

Eileen said...

Sariah, I am so glad you get to take little Conner home soon. It looks like the kids had fun at the beach and the Redwood Forest. We love you guys!

Heitmann Family said...

We are so glad that you guys have had a wonderful time together. And we are even more excited that Conner will be going home soon. What a blessing to have him doing so well. Have a safe trip and keep us updated!!

Meagan Rogers said...

Yay! I bet it is nice to finally be going home. How good too that Whitley gets to stay and come with you. I'm sure you'll enjoy the helper.

Connie said...

Hang in there while your family is in wa. Think positive and enjoy some quiet time. Love ya MOM

Laurie said...

How wonderful that you all were able to be together for Christmas! I'm so glad that Conner is doing so well after his surgery and that you'll be headed home soon, it'll be a shock with all the snow in Spokane! Take care of that little guy and yourselves! Prayers and hugs!

*Katie May* said...

Lots of cute pics! Love the beach pic it is pretty except for that silly Porter :) Anyway, hope things continue to go well so you can go home :)

Heather said...

I am so happy to hear things are looking good and you will soon be going home. I love all the pictures. Conner looks adorable in his Santa hat!

Love,
Heather

Mandy said...

Glad you got to spend some time with your family! I bet it's good to get out. Your baby is so beautiful!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

You have a very lovely family. I was just working on my blog and found your backgrounds which led me to your family blogspot. I'm happy to hear that you were able to make the trip for Christmas.

I have a very similar story about my daughter Casey Collette Geilmann. She was born 30 years ago and lived for 4 months at the Primary Children Hospital in Salt Lake City. 3 weeks of those 4 months we had her home.

I hope you have a great year. Enjoy your baby being home, (he's a big little guy).

My blogspot is: "thelittlerockingchair.blogspot.com"