12.04.2008

Conner David Finch...

Wow...thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! We have truly felt them today. I painted my toes with nail polish that my friend Tanya gave me for the trip. I did it to remind me of the prayers being said in our behalf, my Mom called them pink prayer toes. She painted hers too and even my dads big toe! :)
The labor went well, fast and furious! They started the induction at 12:00 and we had him at 4:07. He was 7lb. 3 ounces and 20 1/2 in. long. His coloring was good and he cried when he came out he even grabbed the cord which were all good signs. The NICU team took him right away and checked him out and then brought him to me to hold for about a minute...I was glad I got to hold him. They then took him to the NICU to start the medication to keep the ductus open and start his I.V. etc... Reality hit me when we went to visit him and his oxygen levels dropped to 59 the nurse had to give him oxygen to get his levels back up. It was scary...she said that it had happened 5 times and they said if it continued they would probably need to put him on a breathing tube. The medicine that he is on causes him to not breathe very well along with the heart issues.They turned down his mediciation and he seems to be doing better. Each of the babies has their own nurse and they monitor them very closely so that makes me feel a little better. They did an echo tonight and seem to be finding an artery on the left side but possibly only collateral vessels on the right side. They will hopefully be able to run another test tomorrow and then meet with Dr. Hanley to decide how to proceed. We will know much more as to what is going on after this test and will keep everyone posted. Here are a few pictures of our day....Thanks again for all of your support!

21 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Wow I get to be the first to say congrats!!! I love the name!!! I love his little cheeks, what a cutie!! I am glad he is doing well, all things considered. We will continue to keep you in our prayers!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is beautiful.
Love, The Fortins

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I am glad things went well for the birth..... He is beautiful...We are glued to your blog--- thank you for keeping us posted. You are in our prayerss constantly...Oh and by the way this has to be a record for coming up with the little guys name! I am very proud of you Andy!
We love you all very much....Airica

Katie said...

Congrats! He looks great, very pink indeed!!! It is difficult watching them breathe while they're on the prostaglandin- Maddie looked like she was sprinting with her breathing. It was so sporadic. But it sounds like he's handling everything great though. So glad you didn't have a long, tedious labor too. Hang in there and try to rest when you can. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and again, Congratulations and welcome little Conner!
Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a quick delivery! I know you have gone quick with the last couple of kiddos, but I expected it to be at least a little longer this time since you were induced a little earlier this time. He looks so beautiful and his coloring also looks great. I guess I expected him to be much more blueish/whiteish. Does he always look so good? He really is such a cutie. How are you feeling? We are anxiously awating more updates and our prayers will continue to be with you and your family.

Jenn said...

He is so cute! We will continue to pray for you guys we love you!

Heather said...

He is so adorable! I love the name Conner! It has always been one of my favorite boys names!

I'm glad you both are doing well. We will continue to pray as the doctors decide what is best for little Conner!

Love you,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!
Conner David is a precious little babe! Congrats again! I will have all his older siblings and grandma come over this day to look at the photos!
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all. We love you!

Mandy said...

He looks absolutely perfect! I'm so happy he's here! Congrats and thanx for keeping your blog up to date, you're on my mind lots. Love to all of you.

Unknown said...

He's beautiful!! I'm glad you got to hold him for a minute too :). I took Shanon's advice & painted my finger nails pink too, to remind myself to pray for you & Conner every time I see them... I know the Lord is watching over you both!

*Katie May* said...

love the name you decided with! Hope everyhtnig contunies to go better

Kara said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. Glad you were able to have a quick and smooth delivery. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad to hear that he is doing well and hope for the best as they continue to run tests.

Cami said...

He looks beautiful! I am so glad that part is over for you. We are still praying. Hang in there!

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

Congrats on the little guy! We are thinking about and praying for you and your family! He is such a beautiful baby! Let us know if there's anything we can do for your family while you are away! Meals, playdates, etc.

The nail polish is a great idea,I think I will do the same!

abbyandcompany said...

congratulations finch family, he is quite the cutie!

Love, amy jorgensen

Meagan Rogers said...

He is so cute and looks so good! I love it that you can get pictures of him without any tubes or anything on his face. I'm glad things are going well so far. Wish we were closer!

BoyMomCubed said...

Congratulations, Connor looks like he is doing well! He is a tall little guy! You're still in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the updates and pics coming.
Love ya! Jennet

Mike and Linda said...

It is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us and especially little Conner and your family. Weeks ago I put a picture of a newborn on my computer desktop so that everytime I looked at my computer, which is a "hundred" times a day I would remember to pray and now to remind me to say prayers of Thanks.
Love to all of you, Aunt Linda

Aina said...

YAY! He is beautiful~ I am so glad to hear he is doing so well. The boys are SO glad he has a name. (Only because their prayers can now be shorter...instead of Uncle Andy and Aunt Sariah's baby.) We are still praying for him and for you both while they determine how to best help him! Love you!

Lydia said...

Conner is so cute. He does look like Preston. We will continue the prayers for all of you. Tell your mom thanks for calling and keeping us informed. Hug and kisses to you and Conner!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Aleia said...

thanks for keeping us posted! Hes precious!