6.19.2009
Bronchi scope...did I spell that right????
Conner went in for a Bronchi scope this morning. They are looking for damage to his right vocal chord or scar tissue that has possibly formed in his throat from the tube. If this is the case he would require a trach. Let's hope it is just swelling!! They are also going to go down into his right upper lobe and see why it is not inflating. We are hoping it is just a mucus plug. If not they will start testing to see what is going on. He had a fluoroscope a couple days ago and the Doctor's found that his frenic nerve was damaged a bit during the surgery. The nerve will take 2-4 weeks to heal. In the mean time it will be quite taxing for him to breathe as soon as he is off the vent. Today is a big day! I will post an update later this afternoon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Sariah,
Still praying for Conner and your family. I know angels are watching over your little guy!
Love you,
Heather
I've been thinking about you and Conner lately. I hope all goes well today and at least you will have some answers. Miss you.
hope all goes well. We are praying for him! And you!
I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say. But I'm glad that you're all hanging in there, and its good to hear news! Still praying for you!
Post a Comment