Saturday night was tough, Conner scared us dropping down into the 20's with his oxygen levels. After 30 minutes of bagging he finally seemed to recover. Waking up the next morning with a heavy heart, I had a cry on the way to church and felt a little better. I was so glad we were able to go to church and be spiritually fed. Andy and I were reminded of our need to "count our many blessings" as we sang the opening hymn. We went to the Menlo Park ward. Our friends Mary and Norris attend this ward. They are such a sweet couple,they opened their home to my parents and were willing to take us too if we would not have been able to get into the Ronald McDonald House. One of those many blessings...
I am reading that cute book, At Home in Mitford. Thanks Sister Mitchell and Christina for suggesting it. I really have enjoyed it, and it is inspiring too! Here is a quote I read in it the other day. One of the Character's says, "What God does with our faith must be something like workouts. He sees to it that our faith gets pushed and pulled, stretched and pounded, taken to it's limits so it's limits can expand. If it doesn't get exercised, it becomes like a weak muscle that fails us when we need it." So true!! I know we all go through trials of one sort or another to draw closer to Christ and in the process we are able to learn and grow as a person.
We thought maybe today or tomorrow they were going to extubate him but they decided against it. The tube has had a leak and they decided it would be best to change out the tube to make sure all the readings were accurate before taking him off the vent. He has been a bit lower in his oxygen saturation's all day and they are getting lots of secretions from his chest. I don't think it will be for the next few days at least. His upper right lobe is still not looking very good on x-ray. They are checking for infection too. Please keep the prayers going...he still has a ways to go. Thanks for all of the prayers thus far!!
Whitley and I found this cute little lion at Toys R Us. It has a wishing star on it. All the kids made a wish for him to have the surgery go well and to get home soon. We miss our kids but know they are having fun with the Grandma's and the Grandpa's. :) Thanks to all of you. I know it makes it so much easier on both the kids and us too!

Whitley and I found this cute little lion at Toys R Us. It has a wishing star on it. All the kids made a wish for him to have the surgery go well and to get home soon. We miss our kids but know they are having fun with the Grandma's and the Grandpa's. :) Thanks to all of you. I know it makes it so much easier on both the kids and us too!
11 comments:
You guys have the right way of looking at things....with that faith and knowing Heavenly Father's got a reason for it for your family! You will be blessed! Prayers coming your way from Nevada! :-)
you guys are in my prayers.
It's amazing how faith can change the outlook of things :). We fasted for you guys on Sunday (Well, as good as you can when you're nursing & a diabetic, but it's what's in the heart that counts right?) We'll continue to pray for you!!
I hope all is well today. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Love you.
My prayers are with all of you. I look at those pictures and wish I could make it all better, right now. You guys are amazing. Thank heavens for our faith and the gospel. I don't kow how others pull through their trials without it. I Love you!!!
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your example of faith ~ the book sounds like a good one, love the quote :-)
Prayers!
Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.
Recovery can be like a roller coaster. I'm glad your faith is bolstering you through the downturns. We pray that many upturns are ahead and you will all be able to return home soon.
I am so glad that you are enjoying "At Home in Mitford." I love the quiet, simple truth and beauty in that book. It is so important to have happy little moments to help get us through the rough times. My heart and my prayers are with you.
he is so cute! glad he is doing a tad bit better...good luck!
Post a Comment