6.30.2009

We may be in for another ride...






























Here are some of Conner's latest pictures. He sure likes to have his tongue back! :)
Thank you Aunties for the "cheery" package! It has been so nice to wake up to all the yellow in my room! I especially loved the note on the Juicy fruit that said, "Poppo's favorite gum... Love, Poppo". I know Grandpa and my brother's are watching over us and that is a comfort.
Conner had a CT scan today to find out once and for all what is going on with his right upper lobe. It looks like the patch that was put in during surgery is compressing the lung. We will find out in the morning if Dr. Hanley is going to go in for surgery again or not. The Docs. said it is about a 50/50 chance. The reason being is that after a unifocalization there is a period that is quite sensitive and they do not know if we are still in that window or not. If Dr. Hanley chooses to not fix it now we will be coming home on oxygen. He would have to be closely watched. As much as I hate to see Conner go through surgery again I would be worried taking him home. He drops into the 40's and 50's lately just when he is fussing. I know everything is going to be o.k., even then my heart is heavy...

9 comments:

Colton said...

Just another hiccup in the race of life...we wouldn't want smooth sailing, right? Hang in there! I know you are probably despondent about the whole Murphy's Law thing, but just remember Who is on your side and everything will be okay. We love you!

jessica said...

Oh Sariah...my heart is heavy for you. I read all of your posts but I never comment because I don't quite know what to say. You will continue to be in our prayers. I put Conners name and you and Andy's name in the temple, I hope you are able to feel the love and prayers being sent your way...

Victoria Nelson said...

hey sariah,
i'm so sorry to hear this. We will be praying for you guys. Please let us know if you need anything at all. We are here...
Love,
the Nelsons

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Hi Sariah.
Wow...look how much older Connor is looking, and that tongue-I love it! He looks so good =0)
Our prayers are with you, that God will provide what is best for Connor. I can only imagine the uncertainty of going through this with surgery or without. I pray that you find peace and are taking time for you. We love and miss you both!
Josh and I had a nice long conversation with Andy Sunday, and look forward to some time with him tomorrow evening. Call me sometime so to catch up. Lots of love, hugs and prayers from our family to yours....

Lydia said...

I love seeing your pictures of Conner. I pray the right decision will be made for him and that you will again have peace about it. Prayers are constantly being said on his behalf and your family. I rememer that Poppo aso liked Doublemint gum. I can't wait until I can meet this little guy and see you again. Love you sweetie! Give Conner hugs and kisses from his Great Auntie!
"Scattier Sunshine All Along your Way......

Mandy said...

Dang it! Just take the good with the bad, poor little guy! Hang in there! I love seeing pictures, he sure is growing. Love and Prayers

The Houston Family said...

One more hill in the roller coaster! UGH! On the up side it is good to see him looking so happy!

Eileen said...

We're praying for a smooth ride whichever way the docs decide. I can't imagine how hard it is to be waiting and not wanting either way. The pictures of Connner are so cute. He loves his little teddy. Love you!

Eileen said...

oops--he loves his little lion