6.21.2009

The Latest

With his throat cleaned out, they were able to take him off the vent yesterday afternoon. It was challenging for the first few hours trying to get him to settle down and just breathe. Sariah stayed there most of the night to comfort him.

Conner has done better today with a little sedation and a healing throat. He is back on food (something he didn't get for two days). It will take a while to heal, but at least he doesn't have the tube!

Sariah was able to hold Conner for the first time in nearly three weeks. Sometimes we take simple pleasures for granted...

12 comments:

Mindful Mothering said...

So glad you got to hold your sweet baby... Love you guys :-)

Heitmann Family said...

oh, I am so glad they were able to take him off the vent!! I bet Sariah was ready to hold him too! Sweet little guy!! Glad there is good news!
love you guys!

*Katie May* said...

I am glad he is doing well

Katie said...

So glad he's doing better and you were finally able to hold your little guy...praying for him to "cruise" from here on out!

The Houston Family said...

Happy baby holding!

The Chamberlain Family said...

Oh that is wonderful news! I am so glad you can hold him again. What a blessing.

Colton said...

Man, I can't believe that he was off food for two days! That sucks. Every fast Sunday I feel like I'm going to die, and I'm...well, let's just say that I am a long way from starving to death.

I'm glad he's doing better! Keep on truckin'!

Lydia said...

I'm so glad the night went good for little Connor. I'm so happy you got to hold him and cuddle with him too. I have a prayer in my heart everyday for you and Connor. I enjoyed talking to you, sorry we gocut off. Love you much Sweetie!!!!

Amy said...

I have been at Girl's camp all week....and anxiously waiting to catch up! Sounds like a up and down week! Glad he is doing so well! I remember the crying when I got to hold Daniel after only 2 days! I can not imagine 3 weeks! You guys are great!

Kerry said...

Hurray from Liberty Lake :)

Mike and Linda said...

Another blessing, I'm keeping names in the Snow Flake Temple.Love you, Aunt Linda

Eileen said...

I'm so glad you had the courage to tell the docs not to put the tubes in again. Glad you were able to hold Conner again after so long. Love you all!