


That is one expensive mobile! They used this procedure light to put in his I.V. He thought it was great so they just left it for him to enjoy. The light looks like a disco ball inside.
My sweet little baby...tubeless but not toothless! In the middle of all this he is teething! :) Yesterday they started to alternate Tylenol and Motrin and he has been much happier. Today I have even been getting smiles from him! I am so glad he is feeling better!
So...I will start with all the happenings from Saturday. Like Andy said he was ex-tubated and boy was that a day! It was exciting but stressful too. He was trying to transition and the breathing was tough considering all his ailments. They took him off his medication so that they wouldn't interfere with his breathing. He was not a happy camper...every few minutes he would start crying, I would settle him down and then it would start all over again. As you know when he cries he desats. About ten minutes or so after ex-tubation the Doctors started getting everything ready to re-intubate him. Then they started talking C-PAP, which is a high flow mask. With how Conner was feeling already I knew there was no way he would tolerate a mask on his face. I asked for just a little bit more time...the Doc told me I had 15 minutes. Tick Tock...Tick Tock... His blood gases were not very good, his CO2 and other stuff. I kept telling them he was uncomfortable and hurting(I mean the poor kid just had his throat scraped out!!) Anyway they finally gave him something that helped a wee bit. Finally he settled down long enough to get a better blood gas and from there we got more medication. After three hours of crying every few minutes he seemed to be out of the red. I know if they would have put that C-PAP on him he definitely would have been in-tubated again. I was glad they listened because I felt like I was about ready to put my dukes up. I felt like he wasn't getting a real chance to show them that he was well enough without the tube because of his pain. Anyway I stayed until 1 a.m. just to make sure he was comfy and they weren't going to stick the tube back in. Andy and I were a bit worried...can ya tell! :) Sunday and Monday morning were still tough for him. If he wasn't sleeping he was crying. Most of the time we were able to console him. There were a few times though that he was inconsolable and would take a dive and then they would have to medicate him. Those were some tough days. I feel we have better days ahead though...
Like I said above he is starting feel better and is showing it with his sweet little smiles. Today we were celebrating with the Docs because there was finally a significant improvement on the x-ray of his lungs. We did find though that he has an infection from one of his lines in his neck. He had fevers on and off yesterday. Hence the picture with him and the wet washcloth. They have started him on antibiotics so he should be fine. I have loved being able to hold him again. The best feeling ever! I cannot wait until I get to hold all of my babies again!! That time is around the corner...

11 comments:
keep hanging in there...we are thinking of you and your family
My eyes are full of tears. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you and your family. I'm so glad the Dr.'s listened to you and they didn't have to stick that tube back in. What a great mom you are. It's OK to fight for your child. Put up those dukes! I love you and hope to see you and Conner some day soon! Love you bunches!!!
glad to hear the Drs listened to you. poor little guy just wanted to let out some frustration of being in pain. we are praying for you.
What a sweet little guy!! I love the picture where his mouth is making that perfect O shape- he's so cute! I'm glad things are gradually getting better- we haven't forgotten you in our prayers & I know the Lord hasn't forgotten you either. Hang in there... it'll be over before you know it :)!
I am glad he is doing so much better! Go Conner!
Mother knows best and don't forget it! These kido's of ours take us to the very edge of sanity but bring us more joy than we ever could have known. You have a fighter on your hands. Wait until he is two!
What a roller coaster. Your experience has helped me so much to keep perspective. You are such a good example to me!
I am so glad he is doing better. You and Conner are both such troopers. I hope everything else will go much more smoothly for you.
Those are some big ups and downs girl - it sounds like you are hanging in there though! you are a trooper for sure - just make sure when he gets older you tell him he's the one responsible for all those gray hairs he's giving you now! :o)
Prayin for you guys!
I can't believe that this is actually happening to you. You people are troopers! Hang in there!
Hey I am a friend of Katie's.
Just wanted to say I am thinking about your family and your sweet little boy.
Post a Comment