6.19.2009

GoOd NeWs!!!!

They found that Conner had scar tissue that blocked his airway. I wish I could scan the pictures, it was amazing he could breathe at all. Like I said before, he only did breathe for part of the time he was off the vent anyway. This is not the scar tissue that is also accompanied by stenosis(a narrowing of the airways.) YAAAA! We were so relieved that it was able to be fixed and he should be good to go now. They were going to ex-tubate this afternoon but their was an emergency...supposed to happen tonight....guarantee it won't until morning. :) E.N.T. fit Conner into their busy schedule today so they never got to the lung. I am hoping sometime the beginning of next week. It has been a great day!!

9 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

I am so relieved to hear that he doesn't need a trach. Blessings continue to abound!! Love you guys!!

Unknown said...

That is good news! That poor baby has been through enough this time around!! I'm glad he'll be good to go soon :).

Lara Zarecor said...

No trach--Yea! I've been worried about him all day. We're leaving for Chelan on Sunday (back Wednesday night) and I'm not sure if I'll have internet, so call if there is any news we should know.

The Houston Family said...

Good news! Can't wait for you to get home and back to some "normal" life.

Colton said...

Progress! That is the worst part about a lot of this stuff. Even if it is just a baby step forward, it is so much more encouraging than just sitting and wondering and hoping. Yay!

Mandy said...

So glad to hear good news! What a blessing. Always thinking of you guys.

Heather said...

I am so happy to hear this!

Love,
Heather

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Yeah! GoOD News!
And your family is off on an adventure as well? Fun for them! So happy to hear that they are progressing with Connor!

Meagan Rogers said...

I was just thinking about him and decided to come check for an update. So glad it is a good one!