6.14.2009

Slow but steady

Our good friends Victor and Iris visited us at the hospital last night. Their little boy, Tobias, was with Conner in the NICU during our stay in December. It was good to see them again and know that adorable little Tobias is doing so well.

It has been a few days since we posted. Conner is still on the ventillator, but is improving slowly. His upper lobe on the right lung has taken a while to open up. His left lung collapsed on Friday, so he still needs positive pressure from the vent to keep oxygen saturation levels up. Presented are a few tidbits from previous days.
The fountain located in the center of the hospital is always relaxing to visit. Our neighbors and friends sent this edible boquette. It was a great surprise when we got back in after midnight a few nights ago. Thanks, neighbors west.
The center of the hospital is open-air. The flowers are beautiful. A welcome distraction.


This video documents Conner under sedation where the only appendage that works is his foot. He loves caressing the lion with his toes. This has become a favorite past time during his waking moments.

I am flying home today. Leaving Sariah and Conner was not fun. It was good to spend the last few weeks with Sariah though. There is sunshine even during the storm.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are praying for you guys... We want the little guy to get better now!!!!! we love you and hope you have a safe trip home.

Heitmann Family said...

I am so glad to see a post!! We are continually praying for Conner as well as you guys!! We hope he improves quickly, but we will take slow and steady if it is in the right direction!! Love you guys so much!!

*Katie May* said...

what a sweet video. I am glad there are places you can go relax. Love the statute by the flowers

Eileen said...

I've been looking for a new post. I hope Conner's lungs will fill with oxygen soon. The flowers look relaxing. Love you!

Josh and Desi Swenson said...

Welcome home Andy, and we will see you and Connor soon Sariah. Always praying for you all. The video is so precious! Those little toes!!! :)
Tons of love for our Neighbors East!!!

The Houston Family said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Love the toes!

Lydia said...

I've been waiting for a post too. Love the toes and lion. So sweet! Prayers are being said constantly for each of you! I'm so glad you have a good place to stay. Love you!

Meagan Rogers said...

What a sweet baby. Sorry you have to be separated!

Aleia said...

praying for Conner to get better fast!